• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 owenleonard97

owenleonard97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but had nowhere else to go. I just bought the KWA ATP and it is fantastic. However, when i was shooting it, the trigger stopped working. So i looked inside and nothing seemed broken, and the hammer was still back. I have no idea what is wrong and have found no cases where this has happened. Please help me, thanks

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hey Owen....welcome to the forums. Can you give us a bit more detail?  For instance, is the trigger freely moving, is it reset, is there resistance when you pull the trigger....?  We need more details I think.  With the slide off, do parts move when you pull the trigger or not?

#3 owenleonard97

owenleonard97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

View Postgcw360, on 16 April 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Hey Owen....welcome to the forums. Can you give us a bit more detail?  For instance, is the trigger freely moving, is it reset, is there resistance when you pull the trigger....?  We need more details I think.  With the slide off, do parts move when you pull the trigger or not?
Sorry, well for starters, the trigger does move, but when i pull it back, nothing happens. When you take off the slide, the spring that should release the hammer does move, but nothing seems to happen. I tried to take it apart even further to see if anything was broken, but i couldnt find a way to do so.

#4 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

View Postowenleonard97, on 17 April 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

Sorry, well for starters, the trigger does move, but when i pull it back, nothing happens. When you take off the slide, the spring that should release the hammer does move, but nothing seems to happen. I tried to take it apart even further to see if anything was broken, but i couldnt find a way to do so.
Check the trigger back, which is right behind the trigger inside the frame to make sure it hasn't rode up. I had that problem alot with my Glock 19 to the point where I just glued it.

#5 owenleonard97

owenleonard97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 17 April 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Check the trigger back, which is right behind the trigger inside the frame to make sure it hasn't rode up. I had that problem alot with my Glock 19 to the point where I just glued it.

You my friend are my savior!!!!! Thats fixed it! Thank you so much!

#6 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postowenleonard97, on 17 April 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

You my friend are my savior!!!!! Thats fixed it! Thank you so much!
That is what we are here for! :)

#7 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm just looking back and what a heroic suggestion I gave you. Thanks for reading this again ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, Repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users