• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rich635

rich635

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

i was just fiddling with my ATP, when suddenly it starts getting difficult to pull the slide back. It has the exact same problem as the old one with the reverse thing (slide won't go back, outer barrel won't go down), but I have the newer one. I tried reversing that thing (even though I shouldn't have, I didn't know at that time), and part of it ripped, but it was just to keep it on. I put it back on the right way, and it seems fine. Do I have to get a new one? Or is it a problem with something else?

#2 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

had you taken down the gun before it broke as this could happen because of a misaligned spring guide, you should probably replace the rubber bumper for good measure

#3 rich635

rich635

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

It's not that, I'm thinking of sanding down the slide and the outer barrel part where they contact. Will that work? And will the paint come off as well?

#4 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

id make sure that was actually the problem before you go sanding, ive seen this happen to my 1st gen atp a few times but it was always because it put the spring guide in wrong, try taking it down by holding down the 2 take down tabs and pushing the slide forward, it will take a lot of force but there could be a problem with how your outer or inner barrel is seated. just take it down and put it back together

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Sanding is not going to help it's one of two things I think but please keep in mind without seeing the gun these are very educated guesses:
  • Spring guide not properly seated
  • The barrel is in the wrong position (which would mean the spring guide is off too)
If you post pictures I might be able to walk you through the fix.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

:nopics:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, Slide, Stuck, Problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users