• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

I recently ran into this with a customer's gun. First, is the slide forward or back?  This is important.  If it is back and if you haven't popped any pins out yet, try this:
  • Look at the link Niko posted
  • Determine if the outer barrel and guide rod are either too far forward or too far back based on the pictures of dobey's gun. I'm betting that they are too far back.
Please post and I will tell you what too to next.

#22 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Actually I guess the slide is foward

Edited by khaos7, 11 April 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#23 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

I will post some pictures

#24 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

The slide when I try to fieldstrip it
http://i1185.photobu...12/IMG_0340.jpg
It seems the hammer is blocking the slide from cocking or field striping
http://i1185.photobu...12/IMG_0341.jpg
http://i1185.photobu...12/IMG_0345.jpg

Edited by khaos7, 11 April 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#25 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

You will not be able to take the rear hammer assembly block off without taking that slide off.  The slide rails on the lower frame where the upper slide is on to will not allow it unless it's cleared.  That is a tricky repair and you may need to play around with it since you got it off the first time by doing so.  Then I strongly recommend sending it in for factory spec repair or seeking help from someone that knows their way around GBB pistols.  I am just afraid that you might cause more damage by attempting this yourself since you do not yet have the experience.

#26 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

I will try my best to take it into a local airsoft store even tho it is pretty far away....I don't think I can send it in anytime soon :/

#27 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Please keep us posted.

#28 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 12 April 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

You will not be able to take the rear hammer assembly block off without taking that slide off.  The slide rails on the lower frame where the upper slide is on to will not allow it unless it's cleared.  That is a tricky repair and you may need to play around with it since you got it off the first time by doing so.  Then I strongly recommend sending it in for factory spec repair or seeking help from someone that knows their way around GBB pistols.  I am just afraid that you might cause more damage by attempting this yourself since you do not yet have the experience.
I completely agree with Niko on this one.  I did this repair a few weeks ago.  There was one difference in that the barrel and spring guide were pushed back.  By pulling them forward, you could re-seat them and them rack and remove the slide.  It was hard, took a lot of force and frankly I was lucky the gun didn't break.  Given the position of your slide, barrel and guide you can't take this approach IMO.  Send it in if you can.

#29 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

i found that if you push down on the top of the barrel, and then rack the slide, it works.

#30 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Racking the slidewith the barrel pusheddown doesnt work for me...

#31 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

NEVERMIND I FOLLOWED GCW360 INSTRUCTIONS ASND GOT THE SLIDE OFF...now I have to reseat it -___-

#32 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Ok I successfully took apart the Hammer Assemby and looked through it...part #18 the impact block broke. I can't seem to get it online....

#33 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Glad you have that resolved!

#34 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Now I have to get part #18 the impact block and reassemble it...how do I get the part and reassemble it?

#35 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

View Postkhaos7, on 15 April 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Now I have to get part #18 the impact block and reassemble it...how do I get the part and reassemble it?
That's where it gets tricky.  Hard to explain but look on page 2 from this thread. It may help.

http://kwausa.com/fo...opic=7583&st=20

#36 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

I need a new impact block though -___- the loop on it snapped like completly off

#37 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

View Postkhaos7, on 16 April 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

I need a new impact block though -___- the loop on it snapped like completly off
Call the service desk and tell them you need the part, they should send it out for free considering you are still under warranty.

#38 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 19 April 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Call the service desk and tell them you need the part, they should send it out for free considering you are still under warranty.
If he was under warranty he should have just sent it in. By disassembling his ATP warranty is automatically voided. But you can call the nice people at KWA to see if they will help you out.

#39 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I opened a ticket on the KWA Help Desk? Can I call you guys directly and would these work http://www.evike.com...27&%3CosCsid%3E on atp?

Edited by khaos7, 20 April 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#40 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yes you can call them directly.
And yes that will work in your ATP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, Broken, Hammer stuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users