39 replies to this topic

#1 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I took my ATP out shooting yesterday and it worked fine. I took it in to lube it and took it apart and sprayed some lube into the hammer mechanism and manually cocked a few times but then the hammer got stuck up and somehow I got it down and put my slide on but my hammer stuck and now I can't disable my gun or shoot it. I bought the gun 3 weeks ago but I used propane in it because green gas sprays out when I try to fill it using green gas and It doesn't fill. I can't take it to a local airsoft store for a long time. How can I try to fix it or get KWA to help me I really love this gun but my parents are gonna be mad I broke it. I drop the mag like 2 times on accident and gun once. Thank you for reading :) please help

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "I can't disable my gun to shoot it"?  Is the slide stuck and you can't field strip it?

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hey khaos, sorry to hear about the problem. A few things: I'm sure you know not to use propane in KWA guns, so I'll skip that. Another thing not to use is spray silicon. Try to get pure silicon oil to lubricate your parts. This may be highly unlikely but perhaps the spray silicon you used made dirt cling to the internals and get the hammer stuck. Probably not true though. Here's the thing, even though your gun is still under the 45 days you purchased it, it isn't in warranty since you've used propane. And like niko said, could you explain further as to what you mean by disable? Thanks dude.

#4 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

I meant disasemble. It was late when I wrote this yesterday sorry. And yes I cannot field strip it

#5 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I have to use propane with it because for some reason green gas cant fill the mag fully.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Try this first .....................................

#7 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

I cant field strip it and I think I have the second version with a trigger safety and I never saw a problem with that part

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

How have you confirmed that it was the hammer that didn't reset that's causing the stuck slide?  Could it also be a recoil spring rod that slipped off it's place?

#9 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

I saw it stuck but somehow I got it unstuck but then I slide the slide on and it stuck again

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

khaos7, on 09 April 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

I saw it stuck but somehow I got it unstuck but then I slide the slide on and it stuck again

I have a feeling you may need to reseat the entire hammer assembly. Something may have come off its place. It's a bit tricky reassembling so if you have the patience you can try or just send it in to KWA for proper repair.

#11 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think I will try it myself so do I take out the pin with a punch and how do I get the slide off to reseat it?

#12 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

I would recommend either taking it to a local airsoft tech or sending it in.  I would do the latter.  Taking this assembly off isn't a problem, but putting it all back together can drive you mad.  It took me about an hour the first time I took mine apart and I actually know what I am doing. :)

#13 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

How much would it cost to send in?

#14 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

khaos7, on 10 April 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

How much would it cost to send in?
$45 I believe...

#15 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Outlaw1995, on 10 April 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

$45 I believe...
plus parts and labor

#16 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

The last time I spoke with Jim, the cost for non-warranty repairs was at follows: Labor is $35.00, small parts are free.  Large parts are sold at a 20% discount.  Return shipping is $10.00.

#17 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Truthfully I don't think I can send it in due to money issues right now :( Can you guys walk me through the steps to fix it? I will try and at worse if I fail I will drive to my local airsoft shop and have them look at it but it will be a few weeks until I can go so please guide me...thank you :)

#18 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Look here on this thread page 2

http://kwausa.com/fo...opic=7583&st=20

#19 khaos7

khaos7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Can I just tap it out if the slide is still stuck on it because the slide wont come off

#20 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

i don't think that would work, you're going to have to take that slide off

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, Broken, Hammer stuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users