3 replies to this topic

#1 Bravo6

Bravo6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm thinking about getting an atp right now. I take it I could just swap the slides out when the actual atp auto comes out? Is there going to be like a kit? Or could i send my atp into kwa and they i guess "upgrade" it?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

The ATP AUTO frame is different from the ATP's frame- the main exception being that the ATP Auto has a full auto sear in the frame to allow the gun to fire full auto. The ATP's slide does not contain the fire selector, and the frame doesn't contain the sear, so unfortunately, you cannot switch slides and fire full auto on a regular ATP. I do not see KWA releasing a "full auto sear kit" to upgrade your ATP to shoot full auto... plus you would need to cut into the slide and redesign it to fit the fire selector... to keep it simple, just buy both!! ;)

#3 Bravo6

Bravo6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 07 April 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

The ATP AUTO frame is different from the ATP's frame- the main exception being that the ATP Auto has a full auto sear in the frame to allow the gun to fire full auto. The ATP's slide does not contain the fire selector, and the frame doesn't contain the sear, so unfortunately, you cannot switch slides and fire full auto on a regular ATP. I do not see KWA releasing a "full auto sear kit" to upgrade your ATP to shoot full auto... plus you would need to cut into the slide and redesign it to fit the fire selector... to keep it simple, just buy both!! ;)
haha i guess that looks like what ill be doing... do u know around when the atp auto is going to be released?

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

The closest date I could give you is this year... around 3rd-4th quarter, but that is just a GUESS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversion, atp, auto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users