• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 infected

infected

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I installed a new PDI barrel, and Guarder spring guide and spring set for the M17 in my ATP.  No problems. Everything shoots great.

Then I installed the Guarder M17 hammer spring and the problems began.  The gun will fire the round in the mag, but will not cycle the slide back far enough to chamber a round and reset the trigger.  I put the stock spring back in and it works fine.  Put the upgraded spring in and the problem happens again.  Being that I've tried 4 times to install the upgraded spring (and have put the stock spring back in 4 times), I am pretty certain I'm doing everything right.  Any ideas as to why it's not working?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Welcome to the forum infected. Answering your question, maybe there is not enough gas to successfully blow back the slide. The Guarder M17 hammer spring may be to stiff and tough for the blowback to push it back, recock the gun, and cycle the next round in. The solution I think is necessary is that you need a gas flow valve that will release enough gas to blowback the slide.
Try the Hurricance High Flow Valve. You will lose a bit of gas efficiency because more gas is being released, but at least you will have harder kick, higher fps, and a gun that cycles...

http://www.airsoftgi...products_id=581

http://store.kwausa....-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

I have found that the hammer spring made by Guarder that comes as a set with the recoil spring/guide is too soft.  I too have installed this in my ATP but had to switch back to KWA stock one because it was just too soft and did not engage the impact block hard enough.  This caused full cycle problems so the gun did not fire more than one shot before having to rerack it.  I suggest keeping the recoil spring and guide but switching back to the stock KWA hammer spring.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hammer spring, atp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users