• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Soren

Soren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hey guys, first post here. So far the search function has proven enough to answer all my questions but this one has me a bit frustrated so hoping I can get some input.

I just received my G36c from a Canadian retailer and since it is the non cansoft (not clear receiver) version it was necessary for them to upgrade the spring to get above the fps restriction for importation. They shipped along the original spring with it so I could swap back if needed however I wanted to make sure it was in working condition first before I or anyone else tampers with the gear box. The paper work shows the upgraded spring chrono'd at 450fps (AMP 140 spring) but I am getting no where near that. I don't have a chrono but even at a 5ft distance I can't penetrate a pepsi box (even with hop up off)! The range is maybe 50 feet at most, drops off right away no matter the hop up setting. I may be new to airsoft but I know this isn't right, I have a second hand G36c that while a little beaten up performs beautifully.

I've tried 2 of my fully charged batteries, tried a 8.4v 1050mah and my 9.6v 2300mah with the same results. Is it possible that the stronger spring needed a lipo to pull it and achieve its 450fps?

Since I'm in Canada the KWA warranty does not come into play, I'm still waiting on the retailers response as to how they were able to chrono this gun at 450fps and do not wish try the original spring until they offer a solution.

Simply hoping for some input so I'm not taking any reasoning they give me on faith.

Thanks guys.

#2 airsoftamateur32

airsoftamateur32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

an amp140 should be much higher fps 500 range first of all, my guess is compression no compression equals no range.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

AA32 has a good point.  And it could be caused by a list of things.  Let's start with the hop-up/bucking/nozzle.

Check to see that the bucking and hop-up unit are properly installed.  Next see if there are any issues with the nozzle cycling.  Also, check the cylinder head to be sure it's not cracked.  Also, what mags and bb's are you using?  Believe it or not a mag that doesn't fit and feed correctly can cause the issues you are having.  Test with a KWA mag and preferably KWA BB's.  Your gun should have come with a small bag of them.

#4 Soren

Soren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Gun didn't come with any bb's but I am testing with the KWA hi-cap included, as well as a star mid cap and using 0.30g KSC bb's..

Hop up looks like it was installed correctly, gave it and the barrel a good clean to get rid of any packing grease.

I took out the grip and gearbox in hopes I can spot the problem without going any further into the tear down (I'm not a gun doc), I am unsure how to tell if the nozzle is cycling properly. So I cut off the end of a q-tip and fed it down the nozzle until it hit the piston head and marked that line in hopes that measurement gives a clue to you guys.
The gun was dry fired several times to make sure it was reset. Pictures will be attached in the next post by phone.

#5 Soren

Soren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Attached File  g36c-1.JPG   401.01K   5 downloads

EDIT: uploaded to flickr since I hit the forum upload limit (see picture below)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Soren, 07 April 2012 - 08:41 AM.

#6 never_again

never_again

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I had the same problem with a G36C, it came like that from the seller got in touch customer service got RMA # send it to them, when I got it
back i was told  it had a air leak. I think it was a defective piston head.

Good Luck

#7 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Is there a different in range when firing the gun in Semi vs. Full Auto?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users