• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Z0MB1E

Z0MB1E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

I purchased five DBoys G36 mags. I was originally going to get ARES Mags but they were all out and I needed mags fast for a field game.

Upon arrival, I noticed immediately they seemed to big. Big enough where they won't even lock in. My friend has not seen them, but he said more often then not new mags need to be hit with a dremel. However, I don't know to what degree a dremel helps.

It appears there is a slight radius on the mags, where the seam is. Is this normal or just poorly crafted mags?

Thanks,

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Do they fit in the magwell? They may need some light sanding around the edges. I don't know if id take a dremel to them, because you don't want to dig into the mags too much. I would try some light sanding around the edges, where their are signs of scratching from the magwell. Then see how they fit.

#3 Z0MB1E

Z0MB1E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postaaps59, on 04 April 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Do they fit in the magwell? They may need some light sanding around the edges. I don't know if id take a dremel to them, because you don't want to dig into the mags too much. I would try some light sanding around the edges, where their are signs of scratching from the magwell. Then see how they fit.

I sanded in a bit, but with little difference. I'm starting to wonder if its not feeding because of loose tolerances or just off measurement. Again, these are said to be made for Marui clones, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit KWA if other Marui clones can fit.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

With mold injected mags it's sometimes a crapshoot.  When a company uses molds that have passed their useful life to cut costs, you will end up with mags that are out of spec.  So it may work for someone and not for others.  This is the reason I am really reluctant to buy multiple mags online in fear that they don't fit and I get hasseled by the online retailer about returns.

#5 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Pretty much what Niko said.

It's probably the magazines that are out of spec. KWA does a pretty good job of keeping their tolerances consistent. Magazine from China on the other hand, don't do a very good job... I learned it the hard way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users