• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

I made a video on how I clean my bucking and barrel.  Sorry if this is too long but just wanted to be thorough. LOL

PART 1

PART 2

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Very useful for my KM4 RIS. Thanks for the info dude.

#3 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Still enjoying Airsoft; Martial Arts; Hiking

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the informative and well-paced video niko_gpsy.  As I await the arrival of my SR10 on 05/03/12 (come on, UPS!), I am acquiring the necessary materials to complete this procedure right out of the box.  I hope I can disassemble the receiver halves without too much trouble and get to this step.

#4 tyson2295

tyson2295

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

nice video

#5 Hyper

Hyper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for this. :clap:

Was completely lost on this for my new KM4 RIS, but now I feel very confident on cleaning.  To think I almost went with some oil based products!!! lol glad I saw this!

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Anytime and we are all here to help so don't hesitate to ask when you need it.

#7 JohnnyHeadwound

JohnnyHeadwound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Still enjoying Airsoft; Martial Arts; Hiking

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thanks again niko_gpsy.  I just received my SR10 via UPS from Evike yesterday aftenoon.  I am very glad that I had your video there to accompany me through the first cleaning, it made the process a lot less stressful (I really did not want to break my AEG on the first night).  I followed the steps, everything looks very clean (there was certainly a lot of grease on the bucking and barrel insert); even better yet, no spare parts lying around when I reassembled it!  It is after midnight EST here, so I will have to wait until morning for the first test fire.

Thanks again for all your help!

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

I'm glad to hear that you found the video useful. Just remember that you will have to vigorously clean the bucking and barrel a few times during your 3K+ rounds break in period. This is the period that you will shoot out excess gear grease through your barrel and bucking.

#9 cod0396

cod0396

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

after I finish washing the bucking, how long should I let it dry?

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

I let mine take minutes to dry. I went in and used a Q-Tip and cleaned out the inside and dried it the same time. Should take no less than 10 minutes.

Also, wanted to say: Niko: thanks for posting this again. After I cleaned my bucking I am getting so much more accurate shots with my AEG.

#11 cod0396

cod0396

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

wow outlaw, thanks for the quick response. Ive let it dry for 20 minutes, and it seems pretty dry!

#12 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

No problem man! Welcome to the forums by the way. And yeah, 20 minutes is definitely enough time. If you have some Q-tips, I suggest giving it a quick and gentle scrub- not only to dry, but some gunk may still be in there after you soaked your hop up bucking overnight so be sure to clean it thoroughly.

#13 BPearlman

BPearlman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Every game with the word, "Hockey," in it. Airsofting. Baseball. Other stuff that may be entertaining.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

I'm trying to disassemble my new KM4A1, and as pointed out in the video i found that the barrel locking ring is stuck under the end of the hopup system.  Now, he said to use something sharp to get it out, but I am sort of worried that I may scratch the barrel in the process so what should I use?

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostBPearlman, on 24 June 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'm trying to disassemble my new KM4A1, and as pointed out in the video i found that the barrel locking ring is stuck under the end of the hopup system.  Now, he said to use something sharp to get it out, but I am sort of worried that I may scratch the barrel in the process so what should I use?
Slotted screw driver, fingernail, knife.  Don't worry so much about scratching the outside of the barrel.  Just take you time and the clip will come off.

#15 BPearlman

BPearlman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Every game with the word, "Hockey," in it. Airsofting. Baseball. Other stuff that may be entertaining.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Thanks a lot! I ended up using a pocket knife, which pushed it out after a lot of force was put on it.  I'm surprised that the ring was stuck as bad as it was.

#16 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostBPearlman, on 24 June 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Thanks a lot! I ended up using a pocket knife, which pushed it out after a lot of force was put on it.  I'm surprised that the ring was stuck as bad as it was.
Yea, after the first one or two times it will be more manageable.  Glad to help out!

#17 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, serving my country, and building custom motorcycles on my days off

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the awesome video. Iam a newbie to airsoft world and this helps allot. I just bought the M4 SR7 DEVGRU so my question is, will this be the same cleaning method for  my rifle and if silicone is so bad for AEG's then why does everyone say to use it? or is there a time and place to use it? Like I said I am so green with this that I dont even know how to take apart my gun yet..Thanks again for the video

#18 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

The video is a standard method of cleaning your barrel and hop up bucking. And no matter what some of these misinformed people say, there is no place for silicone oil in your barrel, bucking and hop up. I used to hear the same thing all the time from years ago but silicone swells rubber bucking and cause feeding issues and ineffective hop up system.

And welcome to KWA forums! :)

#19 ndfan6464

ndfan6464

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, serving my country, and building custom motorcycles on my days off

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Thanks again for the help. I cant wait to send some BB's down range this weekend. Next step is to get over the nervouness of taking this gun apart..Heard so many dang horror stories..lol

#20 Rain Man

Rain Man

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thanks niko! I tried this on my bucking and it helped a lot!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)