#81 Nitemare

Nitemare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Brigg,

Any comment on how the plastic furniture (hand guards, pistol grip, and stock) feel? I'm worried that they're going to feel like junk (as on my KWA M4 years ago). I'm so used to the quality of the PTW plastics that I might end up throwing those parts on if KWA isn't up to par. I plan on using a CTR stock right now, but I want the rest of the plastic to look and feel nice as well.

#82 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostNitemare, on 13 May 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Brigg,

Any comment on how the plastic furniture (hand guards, pistol grip, and stock) feel? I'm worried that they're going to feel like junk (as on my KWA M4 years ago). I'm so used to the quality of the PTW plastics that I might end up throwing those parts on if KWA isn't up to par. I plan on using a CTR stock right now, but I want the rest of the plastic to look and feel nice as well.
Plastics feel very nice on the hand guards and pistol grip. Maybe it was the one I was handling, but the stock was very wobbly and just didn't feel as sturdy, but my CTR will be a nice replacement for it. The hand guards give an aggressive purchase when gripping the gun- similar to the Systema hand guards. One thing to note: while the stock does have the circle cut out to view which numbered position your stock is placed at on the buffer tube, the buffer tube itself isn't numbered, but you can get over that. Back to the hand guards, they don't wobble at all. Pistol grip feels just like the one on the gun it replicates, but it is too small for my liking. I'm going to replace it with a magpul one as soon as my local shop gets them in. I'd assume that RS grips are compatible.

^and please note, this is the production model I'm talking about, not the prototype.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 13 May 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#83 Nitemare

Nitemare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the info, Outlaw. I guess I'll see how they feel when I get it and go from there. I'm hoping that my CTR fits (it's a replica one AFAIK), and I'm thinking about the AG-43 grip from FAB since it closely replicates what I had on my PTW.

Edited by Nitemare, 13 May 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#84 jaybirdritenour2

jaybirdritenour2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostBrigg, on 13 May 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

ok then, yes. they are different sizes. I dont have an accurate measuring device here other then a tailor's tape but they are in fact differently sized, And the rear of the lower seems to be offset slightly. Was anyone really expecting the receivers to be actual AR15 spec?

My question though is why this is important?

And the Guns Modify forged one piece 7075t6 hard coat anodized receiver set wont be compatible. :(

Link: http://www.gunsmodif...tail-id-33.html

Edited by jaybirdritenour2, 13 May 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#85 Raptor72

Raptor72

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

Just called Evike.  All they could say is sometime this month.  I placed my order literally within 2 min of it becoming available on their site.  Sucks, I should have ordered through ASGI.

#86 Daumier

Daumier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

What I don't get is isn't this the same KWA LM4? WGC has had it in stock for ages, so what's this LM4 that's coming out now?

#87 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostDaumier, on 14 May 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

What I don't get is isn't this the same KWA LM4? WGC has had it in stock for ages, so what's this LM4 that's coming out now?
That is NOT the same gun. It is a earlier design of the LM4 which is for the Asian markets. That replica is illegal to have in the states as it is able to be converted into a firearm. If one if is purchased, you are not offered the same type of service you would get with the American one, and you'll likely see more problems with it. I recommend keeping any talk about that model to a minimum on this forum...

#88 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

View Postaaps59, on 14 May 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

That is NOT the same gun. It is a earlier design of the LM4 which is for the Asian markets. That replica is illegal to have in the states as it is able to be converted into a firearm. If one if is purchased, you are not offered the same type of service you would get with the American one, and you'll likely see more problems with it. I recommend keeping any talk about that model to a minimum on this forum...
Aaps is right, just adding on: the KWA Asian version is not ATF approved, so it won't be compatible with the US legal LM4 version's receiver or even magazines. So you can't put the mag the gun comes with into the LM4 that has just released in the US. So, I would just do the smart move and obey the law, and wait for the US legal, ATF approved LM4 PTS Edition.

#89 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

PARTS DIAGRAM/ MAGAZINE DIAGRAM AND MANUAL ARE UP ON KWAUSA.COM

http://kwausa.com/fi...MD23_LM4PTR.pdf

Now that these diagrams are released I have such a better understanding of the gun- even though I haven't received mine yet!

Edited by Outlaw1995, 14 May 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#90 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I like to address the comment about "Stock wobbly"

I'm going assume you don't mean the stock buffer tube being wobbly. Because if it does than the gun will not function properly.  It this happen on the real firearm then someone is going to get serious injury..

Now, as for the sliding stock being slight wobbly.... that's actually intensional.  Comparing with an standard issue Colt M4, their stock is also loose because they need to be able to move with sands and dirt during operations.

#91 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostAllizard, on 14 May 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

I like to address the comment about "Stock wobbly"

I'm going assume you don't mean the stock buffer tube being wobbly. Because if it does than the gun will not function properly.  It this happen on the real firearm then someone is going to get serious injury..

Now, as for the sliding stock being slight wobbly.... that's actually intensional.  Comparing with an standard issue Colt M4, their stock is also loose because they need to be able to move with sands and dirt during operations.
I knew there was something behind it! I held an AR-15 once and it had the same wobbly stock as the LM4. While I'm accustomed to tight stocks that stay put, the LM4's was oddly wobbly, only another explanation of why it is as near to 1:1 to the real thing as possible!

Edited by Outlaw1995, 14 May 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#92 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postaaps59, on 14 May 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Not quite. It may be 1:1 spec with a RS AR, but if you try fitting an actual upper onto the LM4 upper and put a round in the chamber, odds are you'll blow your gun apart, as well as your fingers and turn your hands into bleeding, shredded, nubby globs. The pressures exerted by a round being fired are so extreme, you may put a bullet down the barrel, but lose a hand, arm, or other important body part while doing so.

#93 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postapacifico3, on 14 May 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Not quite. It may be 1:1 spec with a RS AR, but if you try fitting an actual upper onto the LM4 upper and put a round in the chamber, odds are you'll blow your gun apart, as well as your fingers and turn your hands into bleeding, shredded, nubby globs. The pressures exerted by a round being fired are so extreme, you may put a bullet down the barrel, but lose a hand, arm, or other important body part while doing so.
This I am aware of. And I pity anyone that wants to try to put a real round through a replica firearm. But like I said, I would keep the talk about the Asian model to a minimum.

#94 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

View Postapacifico3, on 14 May 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

As soon as I posted I knew this was going to be said. Perhaps I should have said: as near to 1:1 as possible... but that's what a meant apacifico. Sorry for the confusion.

#95 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Nope, it's fine. :) Just making sure no one stupid enough would try it. I doubt anyone is like that over on these forums haha

#96 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postapacifico3, on 14 May 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Nope, it's fine. :) Just making sure no one stupid enough would try it. I doubt anyone is like that over on these forums haha
Well, I hope not...

#97 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 14 May 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

PARTS DIAGRAM/ MAGAZINE DIAGRAM AND MANUAL ARE UP ON KWAUSA.COM

http://kwausa.com/fi...MD23_LM4PTR.pdf

Now that these diagrams are released I have such a better understanding of the gun- even though I haven't received mine yet!

Awesome! Looks like the barrel can be converted to a CQB length! Welp, looks like I'm making a LM4 PTS CQB quite easily.

Also, looks like the hop-up in any KWA GBB. Probably kept the look while changing the bucking or contact points. Can't wait to see what it is.

Edited by apacifico3, 14 May 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#98 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

View Postapacifico3, on 14 May 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Awesome! Looks like the barrel can be converted to a CQB length! Welp, looks like I'm making a LM4 PTS CQB quite easily.

Also, looks like the hop-up in any KWA GBB. Probably kept the look while changing the bucking or contact points. Can't wait to see what it is.
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but the hop up is of a new design that will be featured in the other GBBRs and the HK45. Instead of the metal ball design, looking at the part diagram, the hop up unit seems to have two points of contact with the bb, similar to an AEG bucking's nub. This will definetly amount to a more precise shot.

#99 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yup I noticed that too. It has the easy access, easy adjust system like the current KWA GBBs, but probably has the two longer nubs like the 2G bucking, as the ball bearing is no longer there. Didn't someone say something about an RHOP in a LM4?

Edited by apacifico3, 15 May 2012 - 07:23 AM.

#100 Raptor72

Raptor72

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Evike is shipping.  Just got my confirmation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users