• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 harry@jetcompost.com

harry@jetcompost.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

On my wifes G36c, it recently started to unload the mag, every time it is removed from the gun. This of course dumps any bb's left spring loaded in the gun. It works fine out of the gun, you can wind it up and the bb's stay in the mag. If you insert it back in the gun, and then remove it, it again unloads the spring. I have lubed it, tried it myself pulling the mag out quickly, but to no avail. Does this mean the mag is broken? It works normally otherwise.

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Do bb's shoot out magazine when you remove it from the G36C?

#3 harry@jetcompost.com

harry@jetcompost.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Yes they do, just like if you pressed the tab to unload the clip. Otherwise the clip works fine.

#4 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

That's a little odd.  have you tried a different mag?

#5 harry@jetcompost.com

harry@jetcompost.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

No, I only have the one that came with the gun. My other KWA, a SR12, is having a similar problem with its clip. When you remove it, and try to slide the door open to load it, it unloads. I lubed it, and it took care of it for a week or so, and then started doing it again. Both clips work fine when in the gun.
I am fairly new to airsoft, and we only shoot these on the porch at targets, so dirt is not an issue.

How long does a clip last, and what goes wrong with them usually when they start to fail?

#6 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

What BB's are you using btw?

First thing is, you probably do not want to lube your magazines anymore. Lube getting into the hop up of the AEG, can cause accuracy/range to suffer since the BBs will not have proper contact and friction with the hop up.

In terms of bb's falling out of an AEG when pulling the magazine out of the magwell, that is perfectly normal to see in an AEG.

#7 harry@jetcompost.com

harry@jetcompost.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

I use what I think are high quality bb's, Air Venturi bio's. What this is doing is not just the 4-5 bb's that are left at the top of the mag when you remove it. It unloads the spring, so maybe 50 come out when the mag is removed. Turning the gun upside down keeps them in the gun, but it is a hassle, and it didn't use to do this.

#8 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

There is a little spring in the top of the mag that pushes the door locking tab and the part of the mag that holds the bbs in or retainer.. If  you look up the magazine disassembly videos on youtube you will see this part. Lube that spring, file the retainer get it working like butter. It is not hard to take the mag apart . One little screw at the bottom. Maybe a #9 torx screw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users