25 replies to this topic

#1 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

I got my m93 on Friday and right out of the box it shot great, semi, burst, and full auto were fully functional. But after around 50 bb's through the gun, semi auto started acting up. After every 2 or 3 shots, semi auto did 2 round burst. It's not really that big of a problem personally, but at the field I play at their rules for CQB is STRICTLY semi auto. That's a bit of a problem because my m93 is my primary for CQB. I field stripped the gun to silicon it and put it back together, it didn't do anything to help. The fire selector switches to the different fire modes normally. However, I notice That when it's on semi I can move the selector switch half a centimeter up and it shoots normally. I feel as though that the selector switch should be locking a little higher up then where it does. Its acting as though it's stuck between semi auto and full auto but it's not. Anybody else have that problem? If not I guess I will have to send it in for warranty repair

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

You may be correct about the selector switch being the cause of the problem. Since you are under warranty I recommend you jump on the help desk to send it in for warranty repair.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'm with Niko on this one especially since you were getting full-auto. The fire select should only give you semi and 3 round burst.

#4 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Actually gcw360, the ns2 m93 is capable of semi auto, three round burst, and full auto! if you put the selector switch in between semi auto and 3 round burst it has full auto! I'm thinking that the selector switch is located too close to where full auto is, I think that my m93 was a lemon from kwa and the selector switch locks on semi a little too close to full auto which explains why only a few times I got full auto while on semi.

Edited by Acelafan123, 27 March 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostAcelafan123, on 27 March 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Actually gcw360, the ns2 m93 is capable of semi auto, three round burst, and full auto! if you put the selector switch in between semi auto and 3 round burst it has full auto! I'm thinking that the selector switch is located too close to where full auto is, I think that my m93 was a lemon from kwa and the selector switch locks on semi a little too close to full auto which explains why only a few times I got full auto while on semi.
I used to think that.  But I was under the impression full-auto was eliminated in the recent M93R II production based on communications with KWA.  If that is not the case I stand corrected.

#6 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

here's a video I made to help explain my problem. I also did a shooting demonstration to show the problem. I used green gas in the mag.

Edited by Acelafan123, 29 March 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

I would send the gun in for repair.

#8 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Sent it in about a week ago, I just got confirmation about its arrival at the rma center

#9 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

Since KWA seems to be ignoring this particular problem I'll take up their slack for free.......If you are having this problem click on my user name and E-mail me. I'll be more than happy to talk you through fixing this problem yourself....... I'm testing some other options too.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

Why not share the answer here for all of us to see?

#11 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

Mr. Moderator......... The answer to this VERY common problem is that obviously either KWA's quality control is lacking or the engineered part tolerances are off providing less than optimal performance. I'd venture to say a possible redesign is necessary but as some people have stated, they haven't had such a problem in their years of use with this gun. That points back toward a QA problem......... Anyways, KWA's customers who have bought this gun, some of them kids with little to no income, are stuck with paying to return a gun to be fixed only to have it break again within a week........same problem over and over. The common response is "You're using propane"...........It's not in my interest to post my findings on this forum to "tell KWA how easy it could be"......... The users of this forum have to have an email address to even be registered so it's easier for me to communicate that way without being flamed by fanboys and non knowledgeable service techs.....LOL. I can tell you that at least with my gun, same problems/symptoms as everyone else on here describes, was an easy and very cheap fix that everyone can do themselves without diving deep into the gun. I'm not sure how long the fix will last but I'm planning on manufacturing a replacement part for my gun myself. Maybe I'll just leave it like it is and see how long it goes........20 mags plus through so far.

Edited by Standard4130, 09 July 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostStandard4130, on 04 July 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Mr. Moderator......... The answer to this VERY common problem is that obviously either KWA's quality control is lacking or the engineered part tolerances are off providing less than optimal performance. I'd venture to say a possible redesign is nessisary but as some people have stated, they haven't had such a problem in their years of use with this gun. That points back toward a QA problem......... Anyways, KWA's customers who have bought this gun, some of them kids with little to no income, are stuck with paying to return a gun to be fixed only to have it break again within a week........same problem over and over. The common response is "You're using propane"...........It's not in my interest to post my findings on this forum to "tell KWA how easy it could be"......... The users of this forum have to have an email adress to even be registered so it's easier for me to comunicate that way without being flamed by fanboys and non knowledgeable service techs.....LOL. I can tell you that at least with my gun, same problems/symptoms as everyone else on here describes, was an easy and very cheap fix that everyone can do themselves without diving deep into the gun. I'm not sure how long the fix will last but I'm planning on manufacturing a replacement part for my gun myself. Maybe I'll just leave it like it is and see how long it goes........20 mags plus through so far.
You can call me Greg, I find Mr. Moderator way too formal.  Regarding a flame to your post, I would be among the first to shut down any flames sent in your direction.  I simply think that if you have a fix, it would be beneficial to post it here.  You are among friends and enthusiasts that would appreciate it.  If you don't want to do so, that's fine.  I was simply suggesting that it would be helpful.

#13 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Greg, I'm honestly sorry for coming off a little harsh in my post. That was a result of reading many post here and there of frustrated customers like I. I honestly was going to sell my M93R till I got of my lazy butt and actually looked it over really good. I'm still testing at the moment & I'm doing a write up for another member via email. Let me get it to him and have him try it out and if successful I'll post the findings here. So far I've found to properly fix this for great longevity would be for myself to make and install a revised part/parts.....Others may not have that luxury. However the fix I've stumbled across is very easy to service and could be done over and over to one's content as needed for basically no money. My first attempt failed after 25 or so mags worth of shooting which should last quite a few games I'd think, I'm on #2 and a good 20 mags in and holding strong.......... Trying different materials for this fix and technique. Anyways, It can be done easily and quick so that makes it worthwhile...........

Edited by Standard4130, 09 July 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#14 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Ummmm, I can see now why people can't get any help and are frustrated.... I just noticed I have a warning status......For what? Taking time away from my family on a holiday so I could take photo's, write up a report & expedite a response to a few e-mails from KWA forum members? There is a good reason why I do things the way I do...... It may say Newbie above my generic member photo with a 7post history but that doesn't mean I'm New. Please PM or email me and explain.

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostStandard4130, on 05 July 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Ummmm, I can see now why people can't get any help and are frustrated.... I just noticed I have a warning status......For what? Taking time away from my family on a holiday so I could take photo's, write up a report & expedite a response to a few e-mails from KWA forum members? There is a good reason why I do things the way I do...... It may say Newbie above my generic member photo with a 7post history but that doesn't mean I'm New. Please PM or email me and explain.

Ummm.......that "warning" indicator bar is there for every member except the moderators and KWA staff. I do not see any "warnings" logged against you.

#16 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Do I win a Darwin award? Maybe I deserve the newbie tag.........LOL. I'm not used to seeing a warning bar from other forum experience......

Edited by Standard4130, 09 July 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#17 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostStandard4130, on 05 July 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Do I win a darwin award? Maybe I deserve the newbie tag.........LOL. I'm not used to seeing a warning bar from other forum experience......

LOL
No worries. New forum layouts, members and attitudes take a little time to get used to. All of us (kwa and its members) try our very best to maintain a non-hostile, friendly environment here so don't hesitate to speak your mind. But I have to admit, I too would like to see your "fix" on this issue. :)

#18 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Well, it's more of a patch literally than a "fix"........ A fix would require a possible redesign of the parts or just better tolerances in the manufacturing process. I'm going to put more time into testing a few options before I post publicly here. But, so far...... I can't imagine a simpler, cheaper ...User serviceable alternative. Does your gun have this problem? Would you like to test this and see if it helps restore the semi-auto functioning of your gun? E-mail me & I'll send what I've got so far over so we can test more than just my particular guns quirks.

Edited by Standard4130, 09 July 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#19 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostStandard4130, on 05 July 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Well, it's more of a patch literally than a "fix"........ A fix would require a posible redesign of the parts or just better tolerancing in the manufacturing process. I'm going to put more time into testing a few options before I post publically here. But, so far...... I can't imagine a simpler, cheaper ...User servicable alternative. Does your gun have this problem? Would you like to test this and see if it helps restore the semi-auto functioning of your gun? E-mail me & I'll send what I've got so far over so we can test more than just my particular guns quirks.

I don't own an M93 but I would like to hear about the patch.  Can you PM me the info if it's not ready for public release? thanks

#20 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 05 July 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

I don't own an M93 but I would like to hear about the patch.  Can you PM me the info if it's not ready for public release? thanks
And me too if you can please? I'm very familiar with the M9/M93 series and interested in seeing your patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users