Updated Video On Battery Information Using On Kwa Aegs

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

We didn't put the maximum mAh in the video because it's harder to explain to the general audience.  On the other hand, a larger capacity lipo battery will not fit in the crane stock housing.  So given we have posted the maximum dimension of the battery, I don't think there is any existing battery in the market that is larger than 2000 mAh.  

Normally a smooth operating gearbox will draw less than 15 amp.  Unless the gearbox is dragging and constantly drawing over 20 amp then it will blow the fuse.  On the other hand, the fuse is also design to handle burst over 20 amp for a short period a time.  That's usually how lipo operates when you first pull the trigger.  It will spike up with maximum output and quickly drop to normal range depend on the draw from the motor.  

Like Niko said, high output batteries does fry electronics. Few years ago I have fired 2 mosfet on my systema gearbox with Lipos.   That's why I never believe "You must have Mosfet if you are using Lipos."  It's a simple fact that I was using a out of spec lipo battery on my gun.

#22 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

To add to what Allizard has already mentioned is that many of you probably don't understand how trigger contacts burn out by using high output batteries.  A draw from a motor in a normally operating gearbox is around 12amps in most cases but in a binding GB the motor will try to draw as much power as possible (or the battery will allow). Now when coupled with a high output out of spec battery severe arcing will occur between the 2 contacts in a trigger mechanism.  You have one side that is trying to suck enormous amounts of power like a powerful vacuum and on the other side you have a battery that is capable or pushing large amounts of power.  So as the trigger contacts close and open the current will attempt to jump across the gap between the contacts through inductive forces trying to maintain current flow and thus arcing occurs..Now some degree of arcing does occur even in a KWA recommended in-spec battery however the intensity at which this occurs is much less damaging.

#23 Everything_airsoft

Everything_airsoft

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, camping, learning new skills. Im a wanna be airsoft tech

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

The video says that its private.. Anyone else have problems?

#24 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

Everything_airsoft, on 19 December 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

The video says that its private.. Anyone else have problems?
The video in no longer available.  Do you have a specific questions we can address?

#25 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

This video maybe?

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 22 December 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#26 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

Chuck S, on 22 December 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Nice find, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users