• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 isaiahihc

isaiahihc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Would anybody care to explain to me why KWA decided to make their M226 hammers short? When the m226 came out i though: Beautiful. But almost instantly i noticed the short hammer. Now that didn't bother me, at first, since i wasn't planning to buy one. But now i am looking for a p226 replica, and it bothers me that i cant find good one. I love the real steel p226, and i love how the KWA m226 replicates the action so well. I know the hammer is blocked when the trigger isn't depressed. The hammer never rests on the firing pin except for the moment the hammer falls. All of this is great, and unique (compared to other simplified **A-hem TM** actions). So why in the world did they make the hammer so short (and thin too!)? It would have been perfect. Any of you who have an m226, go and compare it to your dad's or whoever's p226, if you can find one. It's kinda ridiculous looking honestly. Sorry for my frustration. KWA did so well with the action and then just dropped in a funky looking hammer. *sigh*

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm just guessing, but if the hammer was fatter and wider, and more real looking, it would probably become to heavy for the blow back action to cycle back reliably and work as crisp as it does now.

#3 Alan

Alan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Soccer, Games, Tennis.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

i totally agree.. i regret so much buying this m226.. it's such a pain in the a**... and the hammer issue

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m226, p226, hammer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users