12 replies to this topic

#1 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

So, just wondering, is there any downgrade part or NPAS available for the MK23 to decrease the velocity?

Mine is shooting around 400FPS, which is too high for the field that I play at. I need to drop it down to 350, but I dont see any velocity related parts available from KWA.

Are there any aftermarket parts which might work for this?

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

You could try using duster gas or heavier BB's. But I believe its not recommended for use...
I have heard of positive results using it though

Edited by aaps59, 19 March 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#3 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Heavier BB's dont change the force which the BB is traveling at. a .2gr BB traveling at 400fps would have the same amount of kinetic energy as a heavier BB traveling at 350.

Duster is also basically out of the question as well, since no store available brands use 134a as a propellant anymore.

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Correct it doesn't change the force, but it changes the speed at which the BB travels.

#5 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

And the reason that the FPS limit is 350 is because of that kinetic energy. They chrono at 350 using .2 BBs. They only allow .2 for chronographing purposes.

So I have to get the gun shooting lower. To be honest, since GBB's generally tend to be only useful at close distances or indoors, I don't even know why every company makes them shoot 400-500 out of the box. Every gun that I get I have to wait months to use because I have to wait for an NPAS kit or something similar.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

I always thought that MK23 shot harder because of its longer inner barrel. The velocity of gas guns is harder to tame than an electric, which I believe is one of the reasons its taking so long for KWA to release the new GBBR's.
Not many KWA pistols shoot as hard as the Mk23

#7 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Find a flute (or rocket) valve that would decrease the fps. I know there are aftermarket valves out there, you just have to look. That would decrease your fps.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

You can install this and get a reduction about 50-60 FPS: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=8342

#9 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostBrigg, on 19 March 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Heavier BB's dont change the force which the BB is traveling at. a .2gr BB traveling at 400fps would have the same amount of kinetic energy as a heavier BB traveling at 350.

View Postaaps59, on 19 March 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Correct it doesn't change the force, but it changes the speed at which the BB travels.

I thought it actually raises the amount of force but lowers the FPS. Lets say my USP shoots 1 joule with a .2g at 350, then I shoot a .25g at 310 and it has a power of 1.2 joules instead of the 1 joule with a .2g.

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Heavier bb's carry more energy over greater distances.

#11 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

View Postaaps59, on 19 March 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

You could try using duster gas or heavier BB's. But I believe its not recommended for use...
I have heard of positive results using it though
Duster wouldn't cycle in a KWA anyways, the recoil spring is too strong. Just like using Propane in a KWA, only without parts breakages and other things. If the gun is designed for Green Gas, then use Green Gas. Besides, Duster is RIDICULOUSLY expensive.

#12 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 19 April 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Duster wouldn't cycle in a KWA anyways, the recoil spring is too strong. Just like using Propane in a KWA, only without parts breakages and other things. If the gun is designed for Green Gas, then use Green Gas. Besides, Duster is RIDICULOUSLY expensive.
Not only expensive but on top of that you have you pick up a special nozzle to use it.
Ive heard of positive results with duster gas in a KWA, but its not something I would try.

#13 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

View Postaaps59, on 19 April 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Not only expensive but on top of that you have you pick up a special nozzle to use it.
Ive heard of positive results with duster gas in a KWA, but its not something I would try.
True that, I would try to find another solution then using a different/ lower PSI gas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users