• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 waynelu11

waynelu11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

How am I supposed to discharge left over gas in the magazine? should I shoot the BBS out until the gun wont cycle anymore? or should i push the valve? And when i go to store the gun away, should i pull the trigger and let the "striker" in the gun release? Is it OK to do that? And is there a best time to put the magazine in? like with the slide locked back, the gun un-primed and slide forward, or gun primed and slide forward? And is the Alizard's 2 videos on maintaining a gbb accurate? Thanks, i got my first gbb/kwa product yesterday (:

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

If you want to get the maximum performance out of your gun, just keep loading bbs into the magazine and firing the gun until the magazine runs out of gas. Others like to push the valve until all the gas is released- if you are going to do that, be careful of frostbite and releasing the gas too quickly. Now if you do that, some will say to do it until a little gas is still left- that way you lubricate the o ring and valve. Others will say if you keep gas in the magazine, you will ruin the magazine's capacity to keep the gas pressure.

In terms of dry firing- try not to do it. It puts unnecessary wear on the internals, such as the valve striker and hammer. If you are to do it, I heard from allizard to keep a magazine in the gun so the valve striker can softly serve its purpose- instead of striking thin air. If your gun has a physical external hammer, you can also hold the hammer and slowly ease the hammer towards the frame while holding the trigger.

In terms of inserting a magazine, it depends on what gun you have. With the M11A1, be sure to always have the bolt back before inserting or releasing a magazine. Any other gun, you may want to downsize your magazine capacity one just so you don't add unneeded pressure on the jet nozzle assembly-- that black thing that feeds the bbs into the chamber and directs the gas to your barrel. If you have your mag filled to the very top, without allowing .3mm space between the last bb and the feed lips, you may damage your magazine spring, feed lips, or jet nozzle or all of the three.

And YES, allizard's 2 videos on maintaining a gbb are accurate- except they only cover the 1911 PTP guns, but the others' internals are fairly similar.

Hope this helps...

#3 waynelu11

waynelu11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I read on another post to avoid having gas shoot out the barrel, and when my gun is low on gas, it no longer cycles, the "striker" stays on the valve, letting gas come out of the barrel. Is this OK? So if i have the ATP primed and ready to go, the only way to let the striker come down would be to "dry fire" it with a mag in? (ATP has no external hammer) Its my first GBB and i want to do everything possible to keep it running well. so any other additional helpful info will be greatly appreciated.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

I've seen my friend's ATP's magazine charged up with gas, then the striker stays on the valve knocker, which released all the gas out the slide... the ATP does that sometimes, but it's probably just because it's being broken in so to speak. Lube the valve and it should be fine after a while. With the internal hammer of the ATP, I don't see any harm releasing the mag and pulling the trigger just to decock the gun. Just don't cock the gun and pull the trigger continuously. Although the design of the model the ATP replaces calls for the trigger to be pulled before the field strip of the weapon, pulling the trigger on a cocked hammer too many unnecessary times will sooner or later wear down the springs involved on the airsoft version.

#5 waynelu11

waynelu11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Ok, do you have any other suggestions in maintaining my gun? Any thing to do to the mag, gun, slide, anything that can be helpful? and BTW, i kinda regret last night just pulling the slide back and firing it out of pure joy of having a KWA ): , but at least i have a 45 day warranty

Edited by waynelu11, 18 March 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postwaynelu11, on 18 March 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

How am I supposed to discharge left over gas in the magazine? should I shoot the BBS out until the gun wont cycle anymore? or should i push the valve? And when i go to store the gun away, should i pull the trigger and let the "striker" in the gun release? Is it OK to do that? And is there a best time to put the magazine in? like with the slide locked back, the gun un-primed and slide forward, or gun primed and slide forward? And is the Alizard's 2 videos on maintaining a gbb accurate? Thanks, i got my first gbb/kwa product yesterday (:
How am I supposed to discharge left over gas in the magazine? should I shoot the BBS out until the gun wont cycle anymore? or should i push the valve? You can leave the gas in the mag and not wast it, you can cycle till empty, I am not a fan of emptying by pressing the release valve and dumping the mag unless it is almost empty.

And when i go to store the gun away, should i pull the trigger and let the "striker" in the gun release? Is it OK to do that? Always store the gun with the hammer released.  Not cocked.

And is there a best time to put the magazine in? like with the slide locked back, the gun un-primed and slide forward, or gun primed and slide forward? I am of the of the opinion that you should insert the nag with the slide back.

And is the Alizard's 2 videos on maintaining a gbb accurate? Thanks, i got my first gbb/kwa product yesterday (:  Yes....Allizard's videos are correct.   You know that he is KWA's market director don't you?

#7 waynelu11

waynelu11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Outlaw said some prefer to keep gas in mag while others don't, what do you say guru? And what is that safe way to decock the gun? should I pull the trigger to decock with a magazine in it like outlaw said?

Edited by waynelu11, 18 March 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

I don't often but that's just out of habit because I like to have my mags EMPTY and SAFE when not in use.  That said, it won't harm the mag if you do and it save gas in the long run.

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

I'm not saying to leave the remaining gas in the mag, I was saying that I leave just a very little bit to my valves lubricated. Basically it all depends on what you're most comfortable with.

#10 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, guns

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

I personally always leave whatever excess gas that is left in the mag after playing in it, i have 10 pistol mags and i have never had a problem with base plate leaks or fill valve leaks. Others that i know that empty the gas at the end of the day are always having leaks either from the fill valve of base plate seal. Also extreme cold can cause o rings to crack so the release valve could start leaking from excess gas purging.  And most of all why waste  the $ of expelling the gas and the having to completely refill next time you play just excess waste.

#11 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Little bit of gas left in mags are ok but I always empty mine for safety reasons. And if the release valve leaks a bit after storing for long periods while it's empty, a drop of silicone oil resolves any leaky issues.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users