3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul202

Paul202

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

So after I read the book Glock: Rise of Americas gun, it makes me want to get another airsoft glock. I have an M18C, but the sear has worn down and it will only fire full auto. I know somebody who is willing to sell me their KWA M34 for a great price. The only problem is that the M34 has a plastic slide,and I can't stand pistols with plastic slides. I was wondering if it would be possible to take out the blowback assembly on my Metal M18C slide and replace it ith the blowback assenbly on the M34, therby basically giving my M34 a metal slide and making it the same site as an M17. I don't know if the M34 frame will work with an M18C slide so if anybody has an in depth knowledge of the different M-Series models, please help me out.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Just as  point of clarification, I do not think the the KWA M series ever came with a plastic slide.  I know that other brands like TM did. Not sure about the compatibility as I haven't seen an M34 in like 3 years...

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

The KWA M Series never came with a plastic slide in the USA. The KWA M Series sold in the US has always had a metal slide.

As for compatibility, I highly doubt that the M18C slide will fit on a M34. Even if it did fit somehow, it mostly likely will not even fire.

#4 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

If you swap the M34 blow back unit (bbu) into the M18C slide, you will be left with a hole where the selector switch goes.  It'll be ugly, but if you match it with a lower frame for a semi-automatic only, it should work.  There are a few differences between select-fire and semi auto trigger housings and bbu's, respectively.

Make sure you match them up well, or you will have a hell of a time getting them a part.  I learned that the hard way by swapping only slides and it took forever to get them off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users