• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hey guys, so last year I purchased a KWA KP8c second-hand and I fell in love with it. I decided that I wanted more mags, so I ended up buying 3 KWA KP8c mags literally BNIB from the person I purchased the replica from. All three mags fill and they function fine.

However, 2/3 magazines have an issue: For some reason unknown to me, the BBs fly up into the sky regardless of how the hop-up is set. The stranger part is that they slowly begin curving steeper and steeper as I continue shooting. Also, those 2 magazines have "Made in Taiwan" stamped on them while the original magazine and the other consistent magazine do not; I'm not sure if this is a clue as to why they have this problem.

I have no idea how this is happening or what to do, and with Spring weather here I tested the replica today and was reminded of how serious this issue is to me. Could you possibly help me understand what is happening wrong with these magazines, and how these magazines (and only these 2) effect accuracy and shoot BBs into the sky?

Edited by PJV575, 13 March 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Do you notice anything visibly different about the bb feed lip on the mag? I am thinking that it's the way the bb's are being loaded that's causing the problem.

#3 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

That was the first thing I thought last year, but there is no visible difference to me or anyone else who looked at them.

I did shoot a few into a bag and looked at the BBs themselves, and it seemed like there was a tiny, tiny nick on a few of the BBs which I would assume would be the feed lip cutting into the BBs, but I will do that again to confirm.

Thanks for the fast response.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

That would do it...you may simply need to polish the feed lips.

#5 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:48 AM

Thank you very much!

Now, before I go ahead and polish them, how would you recommend doing so? I am assuming the best way would be to take some 3M style steel wool, gently turn it in the feed lip while the mag is upside down, then blowing through the feed lip from behind to get the dust off and away, but in case anyone has had to do it before it'd be nice to hear suggestions.

Thanks again guys.

#6 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

So, I just polished one of the feed lips of the magazine. If anything, it more consistently flies up to the same spot. Also, shooting today with the two "good" mags, they are all shooting straight into the sky.

Now, I cannot find it, but last year when I first had this issue I searched online for an answer and I found someone (I think of these forums) who had a very similar issue. The pictures he took were old and the links were broken, but the issue I believe was that the outer barrel was sitting down on the slide when the slide is forward instead of there being some small space between the outer barrel and slide.

Looking at mine now, it looks like mine got worse because there is even a lot of marking on the outer barrel and dust from the friction on it. I can take pictures if it will help, but this is bothering me really badly because I bought a KWA thinking I'd get a really nice GBB I wouldn't need to upgrade or do anything to...

EDIT: Here is that thread: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=2291

Edited by PJV575, 22 March 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Can you post a picture of the breach of the gun, open, showing the hop-up?

#8 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

I took a few pictures, I hope I was able to get a good shot of what you wanted to see.

Barrel:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Breach w/ hop:
Posted Image

Hop:
Posted Image

There are a few more picture in an album I made, password is "pistol": http://s2.photobucke...rsoft/KWA KP8c/

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

After looking at your pictures I have a question, did you spray that silicone in the picture into the hop-up chamber?  If you did, then that may be the issue.  Spray silicone can swell the bucking causing feeding issues, jams and over-hop.

#10 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

I did not, I only put the silicon onto areas that have constant physical contact and wear, such as the rails on the frame.

#11 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

I apologize for the double post, but I am wondering at this point, would you recommend replacing any parts or sending it in somewhere to be repaired? I am willing to try almost anything at this point.

Edited by PJV575, 28 March 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#12 JROC311

JROC311

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Seeking of thrills

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

To me that bucking looks out of round and very dirty. I would try taking the bucking out, cleaning everything good and soaking the bucking in warm soapy water for awhile and then dry and reinstall. Of course check your bucking while you have it out to see if there is any damage.

#13 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have the hop up unit disassembled, but I have not a clue how to remove the bucking without possibly doing damage to it and there are no videos/tutorials I can find online, just the exploded parts diagram from KWA.

EDIT: Of course I would figure it out once I posted haha. I am going to try that out, and tomorrow I will shoot and see if I get any results. Thanks much!

Edited by PJV575, 28 March 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#14 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Again, sorry for the double post:

I took the hop-up unit all apart and cleaned the bucking. Now, trying to put it all back together is seemingly impossible: I cannot even fit the barrel, bucking, and cylinder together because the bucking gets caught on the backside (non rectangle hole side) of the cylinder. That's not even factoring in the tiny ball bearing I have to fit in with it.

Perhaps I am trying to reassemble incorrectly. I thought there would be some tutorials about the KWA USP series hop-up online or on youtube, but I have not been able to find any. Now instead of a somewhat functional GBB, I have a GBB in pieces... lol.

I can take pictures, but the bucking doesn't really look warped or anything, just some slight markings where the rectangle hole in the cylinder sat the longest. Any help is appreciated!

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Do you have another bucking to compare it to?  I am wondering if it's swollen thus giving you this much trouble trying to reassemble it.

#16 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

No I do not... at this point, sounds like I should pony up the $5 or so and buy a new one and hope that works.

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

That's what I would do.

#18 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

I have a quick question: How is shipping for the bucking from Cali $9 and almost twice the cost of the bucking? This does not seem to make sense, at all, seeing it is just a bucking.

I guess when you have the part people need though...

#19 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostPJV575, on 31 March 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

I have a quick question: How is shipping for the bucking from Cali $9 and almost twice the cost of the bucking? This does not seem to make sense, at all, seeing it is just a bucking.

I guess when you have the part people need though...
Shipping is based on USPS Priority mail.  It's a fixed price based on the package it's shipped in.  You can do two things to adjust the shipping. Request non-priority which you need to do with a phone call.  This brings it down to 3 buck I believe.  Or you can order $30 of stuff and use "FREESHIP" code for free shipping.  I do the latter all the time.

#20 PJV575

PJV575

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Thank you very much for the help! I couldn't find anything else to add to the order except BBs, and I get 4k BBs for $1 more and already have a bunch, so I will call and ask for non-priority shipping.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users