5 replies to this topic

#1 ACE

ACE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hey there,

I looked up various threads but couldn't find an answer to my problem.

Gun: New Style ATP

Ammo: Airsoft Elite .25g

Gas: UHC Power Green Gas

Problem: The slide will fire the first round, cycle normally, fire again, and then get stuck right before it loads the next round. It does this EVERY single time to the tee.

The problem started happening Saturday. I haven't used it much, I am around my 400rd mark with it since I got it back so it is still relatively new. I cleaned it and relubed it, but the problem persists.

Here is a video I made from my phone showing the problem:

What can I do to rectify the problem? Any help is appreciated.

#2 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

check your recoil spring guide. lube it, and make sure it is resting properly on the outter barrel

#3 ACE

ACE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

View Postoptimuskmg, on 13 March 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

check your recoil spring guide. lube it, and make sure it is resting properly on the outter barrel

I did that last night, and just tried again just now. Still the same result.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Areas you may want to check is the magazine bb feed lip, the screw that holds the cylinder block in the slide and impact bumper. Trying to determine where the slide is getting caught is difficult from that video.

#5 ACE

ACE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 13 March 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Areas you may want to check is the magazine bb feed lip, the screw that holds the cylinder block in the slide and impact bumper. Trying to determine where the slide is getting caught is difficult from that video.

I checked those areas and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

I have a new symptom now too. When I fire it dry(with no ammo), it locks back, When I then hit the slide release, the slide sometimes gets caught and sometimes doesn't. But when the slide returns to battery, the trigger is never reset. I have to rack it again to reset it.

What could be causing this?

#6 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

It sounds like your trigger reset (that little nub which pokes up from the hammer assembly on the frame) is sticking, or damaged. That would lead to exactly the two problems you're having. A) Because that is the part which resets the trigger, then it would also explain why your trigger is not resetting. B) Because the slide is light weight, and the recoil spring is laughably weak, the slightest resistance will prevent the gun from going completely into battery.

I would suggest tearing that frame assembly down, and clean and lube everything. Obviously, if the thing is still under warranty, decide whether you want to send it in, instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users