• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kaiju_Claws

Kaiju_Claws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

I recently bought a Mk. 23 pistol and had been anxiously waiting for it to arrive. The fateful day arrived, I unboxed it and took it out to shoot, only for the gun to not fire. Needless to say, I was upset. I got to looking for the issue that caused it, only to find that the magazine appeared to have jammed. Instead of the bb's sitting in a staggered double stack, they were directly lined up in the magazine and wouldn't move. So I unstuck them and tried to fire them again, only for it to again not fire. I emptied the magazine and found that the bb's were covered in what appears to be a thick oil, which is preventing the rounds from moving through the magazine properly. So on that note, I'm wondering if anyone around here would have any tips on how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Luckily I bought a spare magazine, but that I've only got one magazine now (and that the working magazine is the spare and not the mag that came with it sucks) is kind of a bummer as I'm going to have a skirmish soon and wanted to use my Mk.23 for my main weapon. I still have my MP7 though, so it's not going to be too bad, but still.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Try cleaning the bb channel of any grease or dirt. And do not lube it since it will only attract more dirt over time. Also verify that your follower is working properly and moves freely.
Also one thing to note is that some brand bb's that are not polished well tend to cause mag jams. I have experienced this myself.

#3 Kaiju_Claws

Kaiju_Claws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for the reply niko_gpsy, but I was just getting on here to post an update. I initially thought it was a problem with the spring needing lube, so I used some silicone oil on it. Following this, I took it out yesterday after some light cleaning, after which I placed a few rounds in the magazine, where they moved fine unlike before. The magazine functioned fine for a few shots, then jammed again. This time I got a look at the real problem though, as the rounds were once again not setting in a proper double stack formation, but right next to each other again near the top of the magazine. They were so badly jammed in that they had been deformed and cracked in the magazine. For the record, I use Goldenball ammo in .25 g, so I don't think it's my ammo's fault, as it runs through the spare magazine just fine.

My initial post was mostly to see if there had been an issue with the oil used on the magazines for the Mk23, but now I'm wondering if there are similar reported issues with the magazine to mine and if there's anything I can do about it aside from getting a new one. Any notice would be appreciated.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

I suggest to pull the magazine follower down all the way until it clicks, then use a Q-tip and run it through the bb channel until the q-tips come out clean. If you want to lube the spring, I suggest taking the base plate off, and accessing the spring by itself, separate from the mag so you don't lubricate the bb channel in the process.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

No need to lube springs. Just going to end up gunking up the bb channel.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 16 March 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

No need to lube springs. Just going to end up gunking up the bb channel.
I didn't mean to say to reinsert the spring soaking wet. Wipe it off before reinserting, leaving a thin coat on the spring. (I used this technique on a much-needed-lubrication spring in my M9 magazine. It worked beautifully) But the Qtips are the way to go to clean the bb channel.

#7 Kaiju_Claws

Kaiju_Claws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll give it a shot when I'm home again and see if it works. I'm hoping it's not some wierd issue with the magazine itself, but we'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users