• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 islisis

islisis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Just received a new FPG and haven't fired it, but there is a problem with the selector switch.

When moving it upwards towards semi-auto, it points outwards and will not move:

Attached File  DSC01733 (Large).JPG   34.24K   18 downloads
Attached File  DSC01734 (Large).JPG   39.04K   20 downloads

Only if you press the switch back against the slide simultaneously while moving it, it will move properly, but this is very awkward to do.

Returning it through mail is probably a hassle, so if anyone knows of a fix... :/

Edited by islisis, 10 March 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Do not use the selector switch while the slide is forward.  Push the slide towards the back and pull down the rear stock exposing the selector switch. This should be the postion your slide should be in when changing the fire mode.

Look at 3:44

#3 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

in addition to what niko just said, can you check the back of the slide?  You're selector lever seems to be awfully high, which leads me to think that the selector lever pin may have fallen out.  A missing selector pin maybe the cause of your problem.

#4 islisis

islisis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

thanks for the input. I'm aware of how the selector should work I owned a ksc 18c before, but don't ever remember encountering this problem. Both the lever pin and screw are held in fine. Apparently the selector popping out in safety position has been commented on in the 18c before.

Edited by islisis, 11 March 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Did the selector lever snap?

#6 islisis

islisis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

no, it is flat for the other positions. It just pops out like that near the safety position. wish i knew what part to replace...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users