#1 KWChris

KWChris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mountain Biking, Pistol

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

I've browsed the forums since purchasing my g36 at local airsoft store a couple months ago answering questions as they have come up for me however like most people, upgrading to a LiPo has me on the fence. I would love to upgrade to an 11.1 1600maH 15c as that seems to be what meets maximum amperage for these guns. Now I believe I'm comfortable enough to not be setting anything ablaze or baking my internals; yet i am unsure about the spring swap that I have read a Lot about on these boards. I think I've read that the g36 series of guns have had either feeding issues in regards to keeping up with the LiPo, and/or cycling issues when firing full auto. I've got no issues wi upgrading the spring and even acquiring/making a MOSFET, as well as the warning connector for peace of mind.

My concern in all of this would be fps increases and my ability to play at local fields. I love my g36's performance thus far and would like to keep it that way, while going with the LiPo upgrade and it's required components that would aid my peace of mind for internals. It currently seems to be shooting 380-390 granted last fields chrono I used this past weekend read 335, and I will need to remain, preferably, as close to 400fps as possible if not slightly below, granted I don't know how I would work that out with the stiffer spring. Thanks for any advice, or direction given in advance guys.

-Chris

#2 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

before you tear your gun apart i would chrono your gun again because it could have been a bad reading, one time my m4 chronoed in at 285 and i flipped and wanted to change the spring but i borrowed a friends chrono and i got a nice 389, if you get a bad number again it could be the spring, cylinder head, cylinder or a combination of them all, if you dont have experience working on guns i would highly recomend taking it to a shop as they can best diagnose the problem, regarding the lipo i would stick with the nimh for now as a lipo wil cost you $70 for a battery and charger and since you just got the gun that money could be spent more practicaly on mags but htats just my 2 cents. i dont think you will have to upgrade your internals to run a lipo on a KWA because you cant get much better than a KWA gearbox

#3 KWChris

KWChris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mountain Biking, Pistol

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yeah I definitely have no intention of rushing in and tearing anything apart myself without further reading/study; plus I have a friend who is fairly well rounded when it comes to the kwa internals granted he's all in the m4 series.  The money part on the batteries isn't much if an issue as I have most other gear/mags/sidearm I need. Planned on getting the battery/charger from an RC store for closer to dirt cheap anyway. Most still carry the same brand name batteries you see in shops for a fraction of the price. I totally agree with you on finding another chrono though and appreciate your response, as any information gained is something I didn't know yesterday. In the near future  I do plan on going ahead and buying my own xortech, and not having to worry as much before leaving the house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users