• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vilerk

vilerk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

I bought a new nozzle for my KMP9r from the Proshop, and it doesn't fit, as it has a smaller inner diameter than the original.  My gun was bought in June 2011.

Did KWA go through some revisions in the past year?  Does this mean I have to buy a new piston seal if I want to use the nozzle?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:30 AM

Are you talking about the jet nozzle?  And what piston seal?
Can you give us a link to these parts?

#3 vilerk

vilerk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

Woops, sorry, forgot KWA used different terminology.  I meant the cylinder: http://store.kwausa....-2-1-1-1-2.aspx and the main seal:http://store.kwausa....-1-1-1-1-1.aspx.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

I got mine around May of 2011 too and although I have not had to replace any of those parts they should fit perfectly.  Have you verified that the correct parts have been sent?

#5 vilerk

vilerk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Yes, the cylinder is correct, it has MP9 stamped on it.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

You may need to call the proshop to see what that is about. I am not aware of any changes that would cause the problem you are experiencing.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

What color is the main seal (part #129 - the plastic disc that seals within the cylinder) orange or green?  If memory serves me yours would be green for the 15mm cylinder.  The latest MP9's have a 14MM cylinder in which case you need the orange piston seal.  The good news is it's easy to put in and the new 14mm cylinder is more stable than the 15MM.

#8 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

Did they make the entire thing thicker now?  I love these guys for constantly making their products better!  I will have to get some of the new parts as I tend to crack cylinders in the old style using propane.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yes, the walls of the cylinder are now thicker.  I have used both and found the performance of the 14mm cylinder to be quite good.  I have thousands of rounds through mine with the DangerWerx FV and no issues yet.  Very consistent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users