• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

View Postaaps59, on 01 March 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Im expecting it at my door later this month
We can dare to dream.........................lol  JK :P

#22 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

Well I believe the hidden Lizard said he'll have something of a estimate this week! So we'll just have to wait to hear from him. Im so anxious. It better come soon though, because I keep changing the way I want my gun to look in my head over and over, and its horrible lol

#23 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

View Postaaps59, on 01 March 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

Well I believe the hidden Lizard said he'll have something of a estimate this week! So we'll just have to wait to hear from him. Im so anxious. It better come soon though, because I keep changing the way I want my gun to look in my head over and over, and its horrible lol
I know what you mean.  I feel like I am going through some kind of withdraw but I don't even have the gun yet. LMAO

#24 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 01 March 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

I know what you mean.  I feel like I am going through some kind of withdraw but I don't even have the gun yet. LMAO
Im going to commit. I can't decide to keep the PTS parts, replace with RS magpul parts, or put rails on, then what rails to put on, then i think it'll cost too much money and I want to buy mags. TOO MUCH STRESS. Ive had so much time on my hands that I made a detailed note about what to buy for the LM4, and why it needed, where to get it from, and how much it'll be. SO much time on my hands!

#25 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

View Postaaps59, on 01 March 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

I don't believe the Q3 release date for a second. There's no way. Im expecting it at my door later this month
Here's GreatWatermelon's site. He's a mod here, so other than Spiggy, Radix or Allizard, or any other KWA employee, I would trust his word. I don't like his word, but I trust it. Heck. I don't think it's HIS word anyways. Stupid ATF... :angry:

#26 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

And anyways, I needed a functional M4, so I purchased a KM4 SR7 (as my SR10 is out of commission right now) and an ATP. I'm also about to purchase the Hurricane M17 upgrade kit and two extra high flow valves on the pro shop for it. So I could use a couple more months to re-save up for it. Hopefully getting a job at one of the airsoft shops around here. Gotta call a couple more places...

#27 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

View Postapacifico3, on 01 March 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

And anyways, I needed a functional M4, so I purchased a KM4 SR7 (as my SR10 is out of commission right now) and an ATP. I'm also about to purchase the Hurricane M17 upgrade kit and two extra high flow valves on the pro shop for it. So I could use a couple more months to re-save up for it. Hopefully getting a job at one of the airsoft shops around here. Gotta call a couple more places...
What is wrong with your SR10?
And what area do you live in GA?

#28 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

The wire harness has shorted out a couple batteries now, so I'm looking for a replacement KWA harness or the AWS Raptor FET. Also, a screw-hole where the grip screws into the gearbox is stripped so the grip isn't the most secure. It's not an issue that one would buy a new gun over, but I had been eyeing an SR7 for a while now and will be content with two AEGs in addition to my GBBs.

I'm just outside the Atlanta area, over by Stone Mountain/Lilburn/Snellville. I'm most likely going to KSU in the fall for my junior year of college, so I'll be moving out to Kennesaw sooner or later.

#29 smokinloon

smokinloon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Ok i got my green gas and it cant even cycle a full mag, iv gone over and checked that everythings lubed and moving freely and it will only cycle the first three or four shots before it cycles so short it wont chamber. But if i load with propane its back to shooting like it did new from the box......think im gonna start looking fot tm nbb socom replacment parts now lol

Edited by smokinloon, 02 March 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#30 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

View Postsmokinloon, on 02 March 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

Ok i got my green gas and it cant even cycle a full mag, iv gone over and checked that everythings lubed and moving freely and it will only cycle the first three or four shots before it cycles so short it wont chamber. But if i load with propane its back to shooting like it did new from the box......think im gonna start looking fot tm nbb socom replacment parts now lol

Maybe you are not filling correctly.  Some can of GG needs that perfect angle to fill correctly.

#31 smokinloon

smokinloon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

i got it, turns out it was the silicone oil. i striped it and cleaned it and relubed it with teflon oil instead and its not mised a shot or vented at all for the last 6 mags after inital aplication.

Edited by smokinloon, 02 March 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#32 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

How long are you filling the mags for?

#33 smokinloon

smokinloon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

10 to 12 seconds, perfect seal to. i know its filling because i hear the gas leaving the canister

#34 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Try 20-30 seconds and if that doesn't work try a new can.  It could be the mag but sometimes it's the green gas can itself.

#35 smokinloon

smokinloon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

no its working now. just swiched to a different type of lube and no problems

#36 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Cool!

#37 smokinloon

smokinloon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

i appreciate the help guys. 10 mags and not a single misfire or vent (and mines a first run plastic spring guide) instead of silicone i used dupont teflon silicone lubricant (rubber safe) on everything but the mag, its a thinner oil so it seeps in to joints but it doesnt fling off easialy. iv been using it in the bearings of rc cars for a while with much sucess and now it seems to be the trick for my ATP aswell.

Edited by smokinloon, 03 March 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#38 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Link?

#39 smokinloon

smokinloon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

cant seem to find it on line but i get it at lowes home imp. for 5.00 for a 4oz bottle (also have aerosol but i perfer fluid)
heres the salespitch from the lable

A clean, light duty lubricant. Excellent for materials that may be damaged by conventional lubricants. Helps prevent sticking, binding and freezing.<
Formulated with DuPont™ Teflon® fluoropolymer to outperform other silicone lubricants in both metal and non-metal applications
Clean, non-staining and odorless
  • Waterproofs, protects, lubricates and preserves
  • For use on rubber, plastic, vinyl, leather, metal and wood
  • Eliminates squeaking and binding in windows, hinges, locks, etc.
  • Helps prevent rust, oxidation and corrosion on all metals
  • Protects o-rings, fishing gear, tools and farm equipment from salt, chlorine and corrosives
  • Helps prevent snow sticking and muddy buildups on shovels, snow blowers, wheel wells, etc.
Applications:
  • Windows, drawer guides and other sliding tracks
  • Hinges, locks and latches
  • Springs, plastic gears, o-rings and gaskets
  • Conveyors, rollers, tracks, tools & dies, fan belts, rubber moldings
  • NSF H-2 Listed
Can withstand temperatures from -40°F (-40°C) up to 400°F (204°C).

The anti freezing, sub zero temp thing seems to be true because it will still shoot frosty. i havent blatently tried to freeze it out but i do notice improvment. im going to keep running it and let you know how it does long term but i dont expect any damage since iv been using it on ceramic coated rubber sealed bearings for a while.

Edited by smokinloon, 03 March 2012 - 09:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users