• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

So I think I found the reason why my kmp9 isnt as gas efficient as I thought it was. During maintenance I pressed down on the magazine's flow valve and right when it was depressed a shot of gas blew out in between the seam, I can only assume this occurs every time the gun fires. I've already tried soaking it in silicon oil but no success, I was wondering how to disassemble it if possible. As I suspect there is an unseen o-ring in there. Otherwise, how would one repair a flow valve?

#2 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Can I ask how many shots you get with one mag fill of gas? Also, what kind of gas are you using?

#3 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postapacifico3, on 24 February 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Can I ask how many shots you get with one mag fill of gas? Also, what kind of gas are you using?

Propane(I know, not recommended). I am getting about 2 mags if I pace the shots last I checked.

Edited by sniperelite7, 24 February 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

View Postsniperelite7, on 24 February 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

So I think I found the reason why my kmp9 isnt as gas efficient as I thought it was. During maintenance I pressed down on the magazine's flow valve and right when it was depressed a shot of gas blew out in between the seam, I can only assume this occurs every time the gun fires. I've already tried soaking it in silicon oil but no success, I was wondering how to disassemble it if possible. As I suspect there is an unseen o-ring in there. Otherwise, how would one repair a flow valve?
What "seam" are you referring to?

#5 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 February 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

What "seam" are you referring to?
I think he means where the valve and mag meet and screw together. It's supposed to be sealed by an o-ring, but it might be damaged, causing what he refers to be a "seam". Correct me if I'm wrong, snipe.

View Postsniperelite7, on 24 February 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Propane(I know, not recommended). I am getting about 2 mags if I pace the shots last I checked.
That's not bad. I get 100-110 shots, dry firing (test only) on green gas. Oh, and I'm in my basement where it's about 55-60 degrees Fahrenheit. Getting 2 mags out of a gas gun is really good. You could probably get 2 mags on auto if it were much warmer, lets say 80s to 90s (down here in GA in the late spring/summer/ early fall months).

#6 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Not where the valve and mag screw together, its where the valve is pushed into. Sorry, don't know the technical term.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Some gas coming from the space between the silver part of the valve and the outer brass ring is normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users