• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RyHa7

RyHa7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hello all, I'm just wondering about my KWA's slide... When the slide is pulled back, the hammer is putting too much friction on the slide, slowing and sometimes even halting the slide from moving back into it's normal position. I've had this gun for about a week and a half now, and it's been doing very well, up to this point (even a couple 3 foot drops onto tile floors). Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks.Posted Image

Edited by RyHa7, 20 February 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Make sure the hex screw is on tight and you may need to oil that part if it seems to stick a bit.  Mine shows the same wear pattern and I have no issues with my slide getting stuck during cycling.  And have you cleaned and reoiled your gun since you got it?  I recommend you do that since the old grease could have gotten pasty not allowing for smooth slide operation.

#3 RyHa7

RyHa7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

I let the slide get stuck on its own again and then pulled the hammer down, but the slide didn't move. Upon further review/cycling it is the polymer housing of the inner barrel (part 3 of the Mk II) that is getting held up in the metal slide (1C)... What could be the issue then?

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

My MKII never had that problem but my MKIV was a bit sticky and the slide did not go forward smoothly when released.  In my case the problem solved itself after a good cleaning and relubing.  I had to shoot through about 500 rounds for it to break in and operate smoothly.  And you may want to try using a lighter weight silicone oil like a 10WT.  That may also help.
Do you have a picture of the lower frame.  I would like to see the part near the hammer to see if you have any obstructions.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Try cleaning the outer barrel and the inner slide.  All if the surfaces that make contact and then re-oil with the silicone oil that came with the gun.

#6 RyHa7

RyHa7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thank you all for your input! I've disassembled, cleaned, and re-lubed everything, and it seems to have done the trick. Everything is running smoothly. I didn't want to go crazy with the disassembly right off the bat, but I'm glad I did now. Thanks again, guys.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

Most of the time a thorough cleaning is all it takes.  Glad it worked out for you.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

It's amazing how quickly a dirty gun, real steel or GBB, will fail.  I little lube and cleaning and it's all fixed.

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

I know this is very off topic, but how do you edit your picture to include text and lines RyHa7? I'm curious for future reference of implementing this for my own pics... Thanks dude.

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 28 February 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

I know this is very off topic, but how do you edit your picture to include text and lines RyHa7? I'm curious for future reference of implementing this for my own pics... Thanks dude.
You can start an account with sites like photobucket.  Then upload pictures and use their editing function.  Then just paste your image code that it will generate on your posts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m1911, slide, slide friction, issue, mark ii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users