• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 flagrant6

flagrant6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:42 AM

What other types of battery set-ups besides the mini will fit in the stock handguard.  I was looking into getting a 9.6 volt set-up, but wanted to know what size batteries and which configuration could be used.  I was thinking of the nun-chuck set-up, but what size cells should I be looking for?  Thanks!

Edited by flagrant6, 11 March 2009 - 05:44 AM.

#2 thesmokingman

thesmokingman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

without modifying the handguard: 8.4v large, 9.6v AA nun chuck, 11.1v lipoly (brick or nunchuck)

#3 djedmondo

djedmondo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

I just got a 9.6v 3300 elite SC cells. Double stick layout. Works perfect. 25rps

#4 myke_whyte

myke_whyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:51 AM

I just ordered a 7.4 1800mah 15C lipo for my KG36C just wondering if a charger made for a 11.1 lipo would work or would I need a charger specifically designed for a 7.4?

#5 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

There are two type of Lipo charger.

1. cheap wall charger for 7.4v, it's best to avoid as they only have cut off but don't have balancing function.
2. moderate to expensive AC/DC charger that can charge multiple types of battery.  Have cut off and balancing.  It's very important for lipo battery longevity.

Edited by Shogo, 23 April 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#6 nameless

nameless

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

I got a 9.6V 3000mah large battery, and it fits nice and snug in the stock handguard.  However, I have to use an adapter (like this one) to connect the battery to the gun's connector.  Problem is, I can't seem to get the adapter to fit in the handguard along with the battery.  Has anyone else had to deal with this problem?  Any tips for me?

#7 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

View Postnameless, on May 1 2009, 09:26 AM, said:

I got a 9.6V 3000mah large battery, and it fits nice and snug in the stock handguard.  However, I have to use an adapter (like this one) to connect the battery to the gun's connector.  Problem is, I can't seem to get the adapter to fit in the handguard along with the battery.  Has anyone else had to deal with this problem?  Any tips for me?

Most direct solution is change the small tamiya connector to the large tamiya connect WITHOUT using adaptor.  But you need to have the right tool to switch them.

#8 nameless

nameless

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

View PostShogo, on May 1 2009, 01:43 PM, said:

Most direct solution is change the small tamiya connector to the large tamiya connect WITHOUT using adaptor.  But you need to have the right tool to switch them.

Does that require soldering?

#9 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

With the right tool.  you can remove the housing with the pins intact.  So you don't have to solder any wire.  

then again, if you know how to solder, you can make any plugs you want.

#10 Gascan

Gascan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

Have any of you that posted found the best fit? I am having a similar issue with my G36 in that the battery pack I got clangs around in the hand guard. I am new to the whole airsoft scene and I am still trying to figure out how to calculate batteries and stuff.

I currently have two different battery packs, both made by Intellect. One has 7 "1400" batteries, and the other has 8 "1600" batteries. Both clang around in the hand guard.

If any of you could be so kind as to point me in the direction of a site that has the battery pack and charger that fits best I would be very very thankful. Ill keep doing my homework.

#11 AirsoftSniper

AirsoftSniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, soccer, vacations, hanging out with friends, days off from school, kickbacks, etc.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

I would go with what djedmondo has.  The elite 9.6v 3300mah double stick layout battery.  Elite makes great batteries.  Go to cheapbatterypacks.com and make your own.  He says it fits towards the top of the page.

Edited by AirsoftSniper, 29 June 2009 - 05:56 PM.

#12 Gascan

Gascan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

Wow that site is awesome. What size wiring do I put in after the stick configuration? And I am confused when it asks me what the connector type is. Would I be correct in thinking its the "Small Female Tamiya - Airsoft"?

Edited by Gascan, 29 June 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#13 AirsoftSniper

AirsoftSniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, soccer, vacations, hanging out with friends, days off from school, kickbacks, etc.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

View PostGascan, on Jun 29 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

Have any of you that posted found the best fit? I am having a similar issue with my G36 in that the battery pack I got clangs around in the hand guard. I am new to the whole airsoft scene and I am still trying to figure out how to calculate batteries and stuff.

I currently have two different battery packs, both made by Intellect. One has 7 "1400" batteries, and the other has 8 "1600" batteries. Both clang around in the hand guard.

If any of you could be so kind as to point me in the direction of a site that has the battery pack and charger that fits best I would be very very thankful. Ill keep doing my homework.
Do you mean you have a 8.4v (7 cell) 1400 mah battery and a 9.6v (8 cell) 1600 mah?  Like i said before you can make your own elite battery at cheapbatterypacks.com and then go to airsoftgi and look for a smart charger
(should be around $35-$40) and an adapter to connect large batteries to small/mini charger/gun (because I recommend putting a large tamiya female and 14AWG wiring on the elite 9.6v 3300 mah when you make it).

OR

You can just buy the smart charger (which has a mini/small connector) and buy a mini/small battery listed earlier in the topic (go to GI to find out if the batteries have small/mini or large connectors).

OR

you can just go here and look at what doomduck22 does to make his battery stop "clanging around" (because intellect batteries are good batteries there really isn't any need to get another battery)

#14 AirsoftSniper

AirsoftSniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

View PostGascan, on Jun 29 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

Wow that site is awesome. What size wiring do I put in after the stick configuration? And I am confused when it asks me what the connector type is. Would I be correct in thinking its the "Small Female Tamiya - Airsoft"?
Then again with the new adapter (even though they are small......check out the picture http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=590) I cannot guarentee that it fits because I don't know if djedmondo used a large tamiya on his elite battery.  If he could answer, that would help  (if he didn't I guess you can ask him where he bought the battery and if he made it what wire he used for the small tamiya female (prob 18AWG wire)).

Edited by AirsoftSniper, 29 June 2009 - 06:09 PM.

#15 Gascan

Gascan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

I checked out that youtube link, and after inserting a cut sock into my hand guard something miraculous happened....no rattle!

thank you guys so much for the help. Ill cyall around the forum!

#16 AirsoftSniper

AirsoftSniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

View PostGascan, on Jun 29 2009, 07:08 PM, said:

I checked out that youtube link, and after inserting a cut sock into my hand guard something miraculous happened....no rattle!

thank you guys so much for the help. Ill cyall around the forum!
Nice a cheap fix complete!

#17 4ss4ssin

4ss4ssin

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

11.1 Lipo RA Tech and a 9.6V 1600mah mini

#18 sneakers

sneakers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

How about the 10.8 3600\will that work?..i hope so i just paid 85$ for it...still waint fo my g36 to arrive

#19 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:35 PM

I don't think it is going to fit if it is the large type.

#20 MP7dad

MP7dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

View Postsneakers, on 17 November 2009 - 01:03 PM, said:

How about the 10.8 3600\will that work?..i hope so i just paid 85$ for it...still waint fo my g36 to arrive

Do you have another battery you can run for 45 days until your warranty expires?

I'm pretty sure you will have to modify the handguard by removing an internal rib to make enough room, then it still may be a little tight (I run a 9.6 using Elite SC 3300 and without the rib I think another cell could be added for the 10.8). It will also help to change the gun's battery connector assumming your new battery is using something other than the small Tamiya. If you solder, I recommend using Deans. I haven't measured my ROF but its nice with a 9.6, I can't imagine a 10.8 NiMH or an 11.1V Lipo. I'm not sure its worth the extra wear on the gun or needed for anything short of a C-Mag assuming they can keep up with the feed as I have no personal experience with them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users