Jump to content


Mp7 Accuracy Improvement Tip / Outer Barrel Question


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rick55_55

rick55_55

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

So i just recently got my KWA MP7 from evike.com and i love it but it was very inaccurate out of the box. The hopup never seemed to be consistent and would curve to the left and right all the time. I noticed that the hopup bucking was a little rough but it is not bad enough to make it that bad.  So i ordered a RA Tech reinforced hopup earlier today and figured that would solve it when i get it.

Later tonight i got bored and decided to pull off the factory flash hider and i was going to teflon it black. Well i had to heat the crap out of it with a propane torch just to get it to barely budge and pretty much had to destroy it to get it off.When i finally got it off i looked like someone used and entire bottle of loctite on the threads. The reason it was so inaccurate is a bunch of the loctite found its way into the inner barrel toward the muzzle. WTF? Anyways, figured i would share this and possibly help someone else if they have this same problem.

Shoots straight as a laser now.

My question, is it normal to have just a little bit up/down and right/left movement in the outer barrel assembly? Doesn't move a lot, just a little play. Just want to make sure i didn't mess anything up when i pulled the flash hider.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 born-sniper-2011

born-sniper-2011

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

If you had to use a propane torch, you may have actually made the loctite become liquified and flow into the barrel, and it may have been another issue maybe or maybe not just a thought.

#3 rick55_55

rick55_55

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Country:

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postborn-sniper-2011, on 19 February 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

If you had to use a propane torch, you may have actually made the loctite become liquified and flow into the barrel, and it may have been another issue maybe or maybe not just a thought.


Thought of that before i heated it and had it muzzle down the whole time.

Edited by rick55_55, 19 February 2012 - 05:58 PM.


#4 dobey

dobey

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NY
  • Country:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

If the inner barrel is a bit loose (they usually are) shim it with a little piece of paper till it is nice and tight.  This is SOP when I go through a gun to make it more accurate.

#5 rick55_55

rick55_55

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida
  • Country:

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Postdobey, on 21 February 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

If the inner barrel is a bit loose (they usually are) shim it with a little piece of paper till it is nice and tight.  This is SOP when I go through a gun to make it more accurate.

My inner barrel is actually pretty snug, just my outer barrel assembly has a just a little play.

#6 Phillip Do

Phillip Do

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country:

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

View Postrick55_55, on 19 February 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

So i just recently got my KWA MP7 from evike.com and i love it but it was very inaccurate out of the box. The hopup never seemed to be consistent and would curve to the left and right all the time. I noticed that the hopup bucking was a little rough but it is not bad enough to make it that bad.  So i ordered a RA Tech reinforced hopup earlier today and figured that would solve it when i get it.

Later tonight i got bored and decided to pull off the factory flash hider and i was going to teflon it black. Well i had to heat the crap out of it with a propane torch just to get it to barely budge and pretty much had to destroy it to get it off.When i finally got it off i looked like someone used and entire bottle of loctite on the threads. The reason it was so inaccurate is a bunch of the loctite found its way into the inner barrel toward the muzzle. WTF? Anyways, figured i would share this and possibly help someone else if they have this same problem.

Shoots straight as a laser now.

My question, is it normal to have just a little bit up/down and right/left movement in the outer barrel assembly? Doesn't move a lot, just a little play. Just want to make sure i didn't mess anything up when i pulled the flash hider.

Posted Image

Posted Image


#7 Phillip Do

Phillip Do

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country:

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sorry for the late reply but the reason of the outer barrel movement is probably from you not heating the flashhider enough when you unscrewed it. Cause the outer barrel is held on by 2 pins and if you dont heat it up enough when you go to unscrew it, it would twist the outer barrel with it and loosen the pins

#8 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

Necro thread.....




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users