stripped screw blow back blowback blow-black unit slide hk usp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hey guys,

once again having problems with my USP (but I still love it unconditionally). The (2mm?) hex screw attaching the rear sight and blow-back unit to the seems to be stripped. The reason why I suspect this is because I am using a 5/64 inch hex key (approx. 2mm, 1.98mm) and the hex key just turns in the screw hole with little resistance. I was trying to take the blow-back unit off the slide for cleaning and re-lubricating when I noticed this problem. Am I using the correct size hex key or is the screw stripped. I have also never taken the blow-back unit off before so this is the first time that I am trying to take the blow-back unit off the slide.

Thanks for any help!

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Try and get hold an actual metric 2mm hex key from the hardware store. Strangely enough.... the few mm could very well make the big difference in unscrewing the hex screw.

#3 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 19 February 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Try and get hold an actual metric 2mm hex key from the hardware store. Strangely enough.... the few mm could very well make the big difference in unscrewing the hex screw.

Ummm... the screw is stripped to a circle because I was stupid by trying to keep unscrewing it... Does anyone know how to remove a stripped hex screw? I tried super gluing the tip and turning but it didn't work, the glue just cracked and broke. Also, I don't think the tolerances for hex keys could be so tight to the 0.01mm, but then again, neither would the 5/64 be made to tight tolerances either. I can't find part 119 on the pro shop either as I would like to get a new one once I can somehow remove the screw.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

You will need a small screw extractor.  You can get the at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.  Here is a pic: http://www.sears.com...=7&blockType=G7

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stripped, screw, blow, back, blowback, blow-black, unit, slide, hk, usp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users