20 replies to this topic

#1 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:airsofting, riding fixies, watches, music, cars, skating

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

what do you guys think?  i like the hk because its more compact so i could use it as a secondary for a sniper or a support gunner. i like the kriss cause its cool in real life but its big, i cant hold it with 1 hand.

#2 2621

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Lifting, swimming, running, beach, muscle cars, cigars

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

I would go with the MP7 seeing that it is much more practical then the Kriss.  MP7 is compact, light and much more mobile then the Kriss.  The MP7 also has a stock.  Yeah the Kriss has a unique or exotic look to it, but in my opinion it doesn't really compare to the MP7 for practicality.

#3 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

View Post2621, on 16 February 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I would go with the MP7 seeing that it is much more practical then the Kriss.  MP7 is compact, light and much more mobile then the Kriss.  The MP7 also has a stock.  Yeah the Kriss has a unique or exotic look to it, but in my opinion it doesn't really compare to the MP7 for practicality.
thanks

#4 2621

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

No problem.  Been thinking about buying one as well, lemme know how it is if you get one.

#5 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

sure

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

I see the KRISS as more of a primary than a secondary weapon.

#7 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

me too, but i was thinking as going as a support gunner or sniper so i want something small so it doesnt get in the way if i dont need it. but it would pack more punch than a pistol

#8 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

This topic should be in the Community General Chat Sub-Forum. Not here.

#9 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

View Posttheawesomeness7777, on 17 February 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

me too, but i was thinking as going as a support gunner or sniper so i want something small so it doesnt get in the way if i dont need it. but it would pack more punch than a pistol
In airsoft, it really doesn't pack much more of a punch. Full auto is usually the only advantage of sub-machine guns in Airsoft, mag capacity is not much more than some pistols and some pistols even have a full auto function which deterred me from buying an MP7 awhile back.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

View Posttheawesomeness7777, on 17 February 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

For that role I would recommend the MP9 assuming you really stay with an SMG.  The MP7 is a great gun but it's heavy as a secondary. The MP9 isn't light but it would be easier to carry IMO.  Also, the money you save on the MP9 can go towards a second mag.

#11 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

im not really worried about money and, i have a real mp9 so i want something different, they also make holsters for the mp7

#12 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

i also have a 1911 ptp mk2 but it only holds 14 rounds

#13 2621

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 17 February 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

In airsoft, it really doesn't pack much more of a punch. Full auto is usually the only advantage of sub-machine guns in Airsoft, mag capacity is not much more than some pistols and some pistols even have a full auto function which deterred me from buying an MP7 awhile back.

He brings up a good point about the pistols, the glock series has an automatic which whould make a great secondary.

#14 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

i would buy the k10 if kwa made it, compact and awesome

#15 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

I have the mp7. No pistol I have used could compare, auto or semi. It's good enough to be used as a primary which I often use it as.  The range isn't as good as some AEGs, but it's as good enough, better than a pistol.  If you have enough mags, you can hold your own.  It's a great choice. I haven't used an mp9, but am guessing the performance is similar. The mp9 is much easier to disassemble than the mp7. I am not really into the kriss, but I'm sure it will be another great KWA product.

#16 Capt.Squishy

Capt.Squishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Milsim, Tae Kwon do, 4X4's and fire arms...

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

I just purchased a MP7 which I have put off for a year or so but I am extrodinarily happy with it. Love you guys(KWA)! Now as to compare the Kriss to the MP7
Real world = The MP7 uses a special 4.6X30 round which is a armor piercing small rifle round so it can fielded as a rifle and can be used as a pdr and is really something spectacular in itself. It has a sub machinegun ROFbut is very controlable. As for punch it is a small fast moving round with high penetration but little punch.
The Kriss uses a .45 caliber round and is a sub machinegun  so it does what a SMG will do but what sets the Kriss apart is the invative bolt system in the rifle that transfers all the recoil into the stock and straight back which makes for supierior accuracy you have minimal barrel wander and very tight groupings. The punch on the Kriss is like an 18 wheeler it will put you down even if you have body armor or are on drugs no problem.

So both guns have their place and are awesome in their own right!

Airsoft- MP7 Fast ROF, Slim, light and effective
Kriss V little is known about the airsoft version but it is also compact just in a different way as it is more boxy than the mp7, it does have a folding stock and from sort of confirmed hearsay will be compatible with ACP mags(which will be awesome if it is.) so it will make your primary and secondary compatible and cut down on some cost.

Summary= Both guns for airsoft I feel will be awesome and work close to the same on most points that count so it will boil down to peference what do you like I don't think you can go wrong with either one and with that in mind I will be buying the Kriss to go with my MP7 because I just gotta have both and could not choose one over the other!!!!!!
Thanks for reading my little rant and happy airsofting Squishy out!!!!

#17 ADR

ADR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Music, Design, Media

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Much like everyone has said, the MP7 can be used as either a primary or a secondary - I have done both, but mostly as a primary. One of the advantages of the MP7 is that holsters are available for it (drop leg) if you want to run it as a secondary, and you have the option of running it with a short mag if you want to keep it as a backup or the long mag. I also agree the Kriss seems a bit to big to run as a secondary.. If it is full auto and small you are looking for you can either hunt down a used m18c or wait for the atp full auto to come out. But in my opinion the MP7 is a lot more effective than a pistol.

#18 killjoy7

killjoy7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

In regards to MP7 vs MP9:

I prefer the mp7 over the mp9. The last mp9 I bought had issues right out of the box. I also had a  fun time fixing one for someone. From  what Ive seen they have feeding issues and the one I worked on had a faulty hopup unit.On the plus side dis assembly is straight forward. The only Issue Ive run into with the mp7 is the bolt catch, which was an easy fix. Another selling point with the mp7 is just that, if for some reason you get tired of your mp7 you'll be able to sell it in a heartbeat for roughly 85% of what you paid for it. It took me almost 2 weeks to find a buyer for a mp9, while I had a buyer for a MP7 in less than 5 days.  Ive owned and worked on both GBBs. Just my my 2 cents

Mp7 vs KRISS:
Id wait for a customer to write a detailed review listing its pros and cons. Replacement parts, upgrades and mods are also important.

#19 2621

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Clearly the winner here is the MP7. lol

#20 SharkDude

SharkDude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Love summer, sports, games, movies and nature.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

Should done my research better.

Edited by SharkDude, 26 March 2012 - 02:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users