10 replies to this topic

#1 Boss302

Boss302

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

First post so bear with me here.  I got my MK23 last year right around its release date and I realized it starting wearing down faster than usual.  The first problem was the slide wore down to the point were it would no longer lock back on the last shot.  I sent it to get get repaired and the problem was taken care of.  Then I recently took my gun out to shoot a few shoots and the slide stop lever broke.  Am I the only one experiencing this problem?  And as far as the replacement slide stop lever, when will they be available on the pro shop?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

I don't think that part is listed on the proshop website.  You may need to call them directly for availability.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi Boss302 - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  Sorry to hear about the broken slide latch.  If you contact KWA directly they can tell you if the part is in stock or not.  Not all parts are listed in the Pro Shop.

#4 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Are you using propane or green gas? Propane has a higher PSI than green gas so it puts more stress on the internals. I've seen a few slide catches snap while using propane and sometimes even green gas but at a much lower rate. Hope this helps!

#5 Boss302

Boss302

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the replies, I have been using nothing but green gas in this gun.  Fire Power Green gas is the only propellent I've been able to get a hold  of.

#6 Boss302

Boss302

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

Any news on when MK23 parts will be available on the pro shop?  When I asked about a replacement slide stop I was told it would probably take a few weeks.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

When was the last time you called KWA to ask?

#8 Boss302

Boss302

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

I asked through the help desk a little over a month ago, would it be better if give you guys a call?

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Calling is the quickest, most efficient way of finding out.

#10 Robexican

Robexican

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

I currently am having the exact same problem with my MK23.  I sent in for a RMA number and was planning on sending it into kwa but it looks like its a design flaw.  The slide material seems to be to soft of a aluminum alloy and wears down very quickly where the slide stop lever engages the slide.  Just wondering about when you sent yours in - What all did they do to fix the problem and did it cost you anything?  I only ask because I was about to send my MK23 in but if there just going to charge me to replace it with the same parts I will just live with the slide not locking back and save my money for an ATP auto.

#11 Boss302

Boss302

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

As far as I know, they did not replace any internal parts.  They did however sharpen the slide again so it would lock back, but it is starting to wear down again.  The only thing I had to pay was the cost of shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users