35 replies to this topic

#21 2621

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Lifting, swimming, running, beach, muscle cars, cigars

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Sounds good, any maintenance tips on what to use on the gun for each area?  I've only been around real guns so the obvious to me has been horribly wrong.lol

#22 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

Here's a good thread to get you started with maintenance.  http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=4787
+++++

#23 2621

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Appreciate it, thanks for all the help.

#24 2621

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

I read the whole thread, good info, anything about maintenance about the cylinder and piston assembly?  And should you grease your gears?  And another question, is there a diagram of a whole hop up unit?  Get a little lost with what the nub is and bucking, etc.

#25 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Greasing the gears is only occasionally needed and is reserved for two situations typically (keeping in mind I am assuming the gun was properly lubed to begin with as all KWAs are)
  • You have shot 40-50K rounds and you go into the gearbox to see how things are - time to clean, re-lube, change worn parts
  • There is a failure in the gearbox and you are inside for a repair (or spring upgrade, etc.)
Regarding the piston assembly and cylinder, there is no real maintenance needed unless you have a failure (stripped piston) or are loosing compression.  At that point parts need to be replaced - Piston if broken or worn, the o-ring, cylinder head if cracked.  When working on the cylinder and piston I typically use silicon oil to lube the cylinder and piston o-ring.

#26 2621

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Thanks again, great information.  Got anything for the hop up unit?  Like a diagram with all the parts named.

#27 colonel249

colonel249

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, Piano, Music, Tacitcalness and Chairsofting on forums like a boss.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Hey guys, I have a Gen1 that i purchased used and did a complete overhaul on it

SHS torque motor
SHS 13:1
SHS 120 Spring
Modify ported piston head
Modify piston
16AWG Wiring
Lonex Hopup unit (Full metal it rocks)
Madbull Red bucking
Madbull H-Nub.

Anyway, ive been having feeding issues, i have eliminated the following as suspects:

Mags
Hopup
Delayer chip
RoF (bout 34 on an 11.1, no fet yet.)

Im beginning to think that its the nozzle. I have an SHS metal one, heard it works with the lonex unit...

Anyway the SHS nozzle looks different from the KWA one. Could it be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

You guys rock!

#28 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Yes it could be if I am understanding you and you are using a non-KWA nozzle.  The KWA cylinder heads don't mate well with most after market nozzles.  I would try the OEM nozzle to see if that helps.  Question, what have you done to eliminate the other potential issues you listed?  And I assume it's not feeding on semi and full auto...is that correct?

#29 colonel249

colonel249

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, Piano, Music, Tacitcalness and Chairsofting on forums like a boss.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Mags: They are G&P mids that feed fine.
Hopup: It is letting the bbs feed in fine. I took off the magazine well and its working fine.
Delayer: It is pulling the gears back in time with space to spare
RoF: Refusing to feed on semi or full.

Another thing i forgot to mention is that the FPS is not passing ~250fps. If i feed 1 bb into the hopup chamber manually it doesnt help either. I am getting near perfect compression with the stock cylinder and upgraded o-rings.

I currently have the KWA nozzle still in it, i have not tried the SHS aluminum nozzle yet, but if you suggest also switching the cylinder head, ill go grab a lonex or SHS one.

The SHS and KWA nozzles look very different also, Posted Image

Edited by colonel249, 22 October 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#30 colonel249

colonel249

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

(thanks hitman07 for the kwa nozzle pic)

Posted Image
SHS one does not have the external groove on the top.

#31 colonel249

colonel249

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

I have a link to arnies with more pics: http://www.arniesair...s/#entry2575602

#32 colonel249

colonel249

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Alright, so this is getting more confusing by the day.

The new SHS nozzle seals perfectly with the hopup, chamber it fixed a minor airleak in the cylinder/nozzle setup, BUT DEAR GOLLY IT WONT PASS 250FPS!
Posted Image

I tried the poor mans chrono, and it wont even pierce the side of a can (Must be below 280ish)
Posted Image

I tried loading a mag in the gun, removing the mag and then taking off the mag well and i found this:
Posted Image

After removing the extra bbs:
Posted Image

It seems that the reason its double feeding is because the nozzle goes too far back.
Should i replace the cylinder head with a longer G36 one?
Should i replace the nozzle with a different one?

Edited by colonel249, 24 October 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#33 colonel249

colonel249

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

(The hole in the orange can is from my Marui AUG. The smaller dents around the can are from my g36.)

#34 musicianairsofter

musicianairsofter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting,
    violin,
    my fiance'

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

i'd say yes

View Postcolonel249, on 24 October 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

The new SHS nozzle seals perfectly with the hopup, chamber it fixed a minor airleak in the cylinder/nozzle setup, BUT DEAR GOLLY IT WONT PASS 250FPS!
Posted Image

I tried the poor mans chrono, and it wont even pierce the side of a can (Must be below 280ish)
Posted Image

I tried loading a mag in the gun, removing the mag and then taking off the mag well and i found this:
Posted Image

Posted Image

It seems that the reason its double feeding is because the nozzle goes too far back.

View Postcolonel249, on 24 October 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

In all honesty, I would go back to the OEM hop-up, bucking, nub, and nozzle. I don't remember you changing the cylinder head.  I'm guessing here but it seems like you may have a mixed compatibility issue...meaning the the parts you have mixed are not compatible.

While you are at it I would try a stock piston and piston head.  This is simply to get you back to square one and then, from there, you can determine logically what is causing the issue.

#36 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

You may have perfect compression internally all the way to the air nozzle but it seems that the new air nozzle is not mating very well with the bucking meaning that it's either a little too short or the tip is too wide.  I have seen from personal experience that you can lose 100 or more FPS between the air nozzle and the bucking when not properly mated.  Take gcw's advice and go back to the stock form but use a new KWA air nozzle.  Your current one could be worn out or damaged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users