#61 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Speaking of rail systems, I just got off the phone with Troy Industries-- I'm buying a RS Troy rail... yeah baby!

apacifico3, on 28 February 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

I can't see paying for a RS DD rail if you don't have a RS AR to transfer it to. The DD Lite 7 inch rail is $300+ compared to the $100 Madbull DD rail.

Now if I did have a real AR, I wouldn't hesitate to throw on a RS rail system (like the VLTOR CASV-M or the DD Lite or Omega) onto my airsoft gun and transfer it back and forth.

LM4s are for training, when I get a real AR, I'll just transfer this thing over to the real steel- it's just training me for the real thing!! =D

#62 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Outlaw1995, on 28 February 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

LM4s are for training, when I get a real AR, I'll just transfer this thing over to the real steel- it's just training me for the real thing!! =D
I'm buying a LM4 not only to play airsoft with, but also as a training weapon when I purchase my AR when I have my own place (hopefully in a few years, right after college). And with that, I'm fine with buying RS and transferring it back and forth. However, if you realistically don't see yourself buying an AR anytime soon or want to save a bit of money,  buying an airsoft-only part that you will only use for airsoft is a good choice as well.

I'd highly recommend Madbull parts any day. My King Arms CASV-M is rock solid as well, but I will soon be buying a RS VLTOR CASV-M; my King Arms version for my AEG and the RS CASV-M for my LM4. I will then transfer the RS CASV-M to my AR when I have one. One of the reasons I'm buying RS Magpul parts is because I can't stand Magpul PTS quality...

#63 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

apacifico3, on 28 February 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

I'm buying a LM4 not only to play airsoft with, but also as a training weapon when I purchase my AR when I have my own place (hopefully in a few years, right after college). And with that, I'm fine with buying RS and transferring it back and forth. However, if you realistically don't see yourself buying an AR anytime soon or want to save a bit of money,  buying an airsoft-only part that you will only use for airsoft is a good choice as well.

One of the reasons I'm buying RS Magpul parts is because I can't stand Magpul PTS quality...
Agreed... with all those statements.

#64 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Well me and a few buds are planning on picking up the LM4 from the day it hits the states.  But one of them wants to do a DMR type build.  He ideally wants to build an MK12 SPR MOD 0 with a PRS stock, and we're hoping twenty round mags will come eventually but for now thirty is fine. The other one wants to do a HK416 type build.  And as for me, I'm thinking about replicating a KAC SR-15, or maybe a JP Rifles kit with a UBR.

I have a question about the MOD 0 though.  I've seen some users on this forum install D-Boys MOD 0 kits to their SR-12 or whatnot, but from what you guys can see will it be possible on the LM4?  Does the handguard attach to the rails on top of the gun?  Or does it replace them?  Obviously the outer barrel would be useless, but could he put on a two inch extension or so to the LM4 barrel to get that gas block and front sight on?  And for the stocks, does anybody have a clue on what specs it'll end up being?  Normal GBBR threads (WA I believe) or would ATF not allow that?  Money isn't that big of a problem so he could go with the RS PRS if he needed to.  I recall an Airsoftology video with the LM4 SR7 using a real ACE stock.

Besides the "Wait and see." does anybody have any thoughts/knowledge/hypotheses?

#65 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Jatodude, on 02 March 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Well me and a few buds are planning on picking up the LM4 from the day it hits the states.  But one of them wants to do a DMR type build.  He ideally wants to build an MK12 SPR MOD 0 with a PRS stock, and we're hoping twenty round mags will come eventually but for now thirty is fine. The other one wants to do a HK416 type build.  And as for me, I'm thinking about replicating a KAC SR-15, or maybe a JP Rifles kit with a UBR.

I have a question about the MOD 0 though.  I've seen some users on this forum install D-Boys MOD 0 kits to their SR-12 or whatnot, but from what you guys can see will it be possible on the LM4?  Does the handguard attach to the rails on top of the gun?  Or does it replace them?  Obviously the outer barrel would be useless, but could he put on a two inch extension or so to the LM4 barrel to get that gas block and front sight on?  And for the stocks, does anybody have a clue on what specs it'll end up being?  Normal GBBR threads (WA I believe) or would ATF not allow that?  Money isn't that big of a problem so he could go with the RS PRS if he needed to.  I recall an Airsoftology video with the LM4 SR7 using a real ACE stock.

Besides the "Wait and see." does anybody have any thoughts/knowledge/hypotheses?

Most likely the LM4 would accept RS parts, as I plan on buy RS Magpul accessories and ditching the Magpul PTS as soon as I get my LM4. As with the MOD 0, I'm guessing it's something like this? It looks like it attaches to the upper receiver rails like any scope mount or iron sight would, and most likely it attaches to the upper receiver's threads with a barrel nut of some sort. If he wants to put that rail on, the triangle front sight most likely is removable (like the KM4 builds, but it may be different) and the extended barrel is an option, as long as the inner barrel is also extended for obvious reasons. And by specs you mean "airsoft", "commercial" and "mil-spec"?  About that, I have no idea. Sorry.

#66 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Well thanks for the input.  That's the exact rail.  I'm a little worried about how it'll attach to the upper receiver threads.  In the description it says that it fits just about everything which makes me think it's probably not for KWA type receivers and instead it's for the TM and clones.  As for the "specs" I was just wondering if the stock would be made to RS specifications.  Possibly allowing a RS A2 full length buffer tube and a RS PRS instead of PTS stock for GBBR's.  Or if KWA has made the threads or diameters different to comply with ATF.  The LM4 SR7 back in April 2010 had RS type threads and was fitted to a real ACE stock.
And as for your future LM4 build, I knew it looked familiar.  You have an SR-10 just like that, besides the UBR.

Just found this, I knew I'd seen it before: http://img.photobuck...rr/DSCF8292.jpg
It's from a user named Spence that's been inactive for about a year, but it's his SR-7 (lol) converted into an MK12 SPR MOD 0.  I can only hope that the LM4 isn't different than the generation 2 AR's.  So I guess it's possible, somehow.  I just wish we knew what type of buffer tube threads the U.S. version will have.

Edited by Jatodude, 03 March 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#67 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Pretty shores the stock will be mil spec

#68 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Here's what I'm hoping to build...

Posted Image

I already have every accessory in the picture with the exception of the rail, I want a Madbull Noveske 10" though I'm unsure if it'll fit.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 15 April 2012 - 12:44 AM.

#69 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

Very nice build... the aimpoint sight you have in the picture... do you have a clone of it or a RS aimpoint? If you have a clone, can you link me to it please?

#70 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

This is how I mock up my builds, I play around with layers in a photo editing program.  Works out pretty well.  Don't mind the SR-7 in the begging, it was just the best stock image for a KWA.

#71 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Outlaw1995, on 15 April 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Very nice build... the aimpoint sight you have in the picture... do you have a clone of it or a RS aimpoint? If you have a clone, can you link me to it please?

Its a G&P CompM2 replica with the tan sleeve and cantilever mount, its a good quality sight. Held up good on my recoil SOPMOD that had the hard recoil kit installed, hopefully it'll hold up with the lm4 recoil

#72 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

akiraspeedstar, on 15 April 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Its a G&P CompM2 replica with the tan sleeve and cantilever mount, its a good quality sight. Held up good on my recoil SOPMOD that had the hard recoil kit installed, hopefully it'll hold up with the lm4 recoil
Will you be adding any upgraded recoil buffers to the LM4?

#73 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

aaps59, on 15 April 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Will you be adding any upgraded recoil buffers to the LM4?
Why is upgrading recoil buffers such a desired thing? I don't understand why you would want to risk the symphony of the parts working by changing springs that don't enhance the gun in any way?

#74 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

xX Chaotic Cam, on 15 April 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Why is upgrading recoil buffers such a desired thing? I don't understand why you would want to risk the symphony of the parts working by changing springs that don't enhance the gun in any way?
Some people want more recoil to make the gun even more realistic and "fun"

#75 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

xX Chaotic Cam, on 15 April 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Thank you!! People put quarters in their buffer tubes to increase their rps... I cringe!!

#76 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Yeah I won't be doing any upgrades/modifications to this gun, I intend to leave it completely stock. Unless of course a tight bore barrel is released that increased the range and accuracy, then that'll be the only mod haha.

I just thought of the fact that I spent so much on accessories for this gun and I don't even have the gun yet haha. So far I have sitting...
  • RS Magpul CTR Stock in FDE
  • RS Magpul MOE Grip in FDE (Really hope this fits)
  • RS Magpul XT Rail Covers in FDE
  • RS Magpul B.A.D. Lever
  • Madbull Noveske 10" Rail (REALLY hope it fits)
  • Fenix TK15 R5 Tactical Light w/ Remote Switch
  • Ergo Tactical Switch Mount
  • Haley Strategic Throntail Light Mount
  • Surefire Muzzle Brake Replica
  • G&P CompM2 Replica w/ FDE Cover
  • Pro&T PEQ-15 Replica
What do you guys got waiting?

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 16 April 2012 - 12:44 AM.

#77 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

akiraspeedstar, on 16 April 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

Unless of course a tight bore barrel is released that increased the range and accuracy, then that'll be the only mod haha.

What do you guys got waiting?

I'm buying a TBB as soon as it comes out too... if it comes out.

I've got waiting:
1. RS Magpul CTR in FDE
2. RS Magpul MOE Pistol Grip in FDE
3. RS Magpul RVG in BLK
4. RS Magpul MBUS (front and rear) in FDE
5. RS Troy Industries Battle Rail
6. RS Troy Industries Rail Covers in FDE
7. RS Magpul XTMs in BLK and FDE
8. thinking about getting a flash hider.... not sure yet.

Really wanting that G&P Comp M2 Replica... can you tell me how the reticle is? and how good the sight is?

#78 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

The reticle is clean and the best part is that it's still visible even in bright and sunny areas. If you're looking for a CompM2 style red dot then I'd recommend the G&P.

#79 wurger

wurger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

For a RDS you can also check out Primary Arms. Their service is excellent and prices are not much more then an airsoft clone RDS.

I'm hoping the LM4 Magpul will be compatible with RS charging handles. I'm using BCM Gunfighter handles in all of my RS AR's, and would hate to go back to a standard handle on the GBBR.

#80 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Part of me hopes they don't, mostly because that's just one more thing for me to buy haha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lm4, build, custom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users