Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

View Postaaps59, on 24 February 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Only if you pay the fee
Aaron if it's THAT fee then no thank you. Rofl...

#42 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 24 February 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Aaron if it's THAT fee then no thank you. Rofl...
You know you like it

#43 Slayer750

Slayer750

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

I too want a Magpul LM4 with a LM4c barrel. Maybe we can persuade KWA to release that model? They have all the required parts. It really wouldn't be hard for them, so I doubt it is out of the realm of possibilities.

#44 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostSlayer750, on 26 February 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

I too want a Magpul LM4 with a LM4c barrel. Maybe we can persuade KWA to release that model? They have all the required parts. It really wouldn't be hard for them, so I doubt it is out of the realm of possibilities.
Good idea Slayer! I'm sure it would be easier for KWA to probably just release a shorter barrel. But the LM4c Magpul edition would be a gun I would buy.

#45 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Please no more GBBR's until they get the ones they promised out! Im going to die if I don't get my LM4 Magpul Edition soon!

#46 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostSlayer750, on 26 February 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Hey! Someone who shares the same view with me haha! But that would be a new gun all together meaning mass production. I would rather buy a spare upper, hop-up system, outer barrel and inner barrel (and maybe a spare bolt/nozzle system).

View Postaaps59, on 26 February 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Please no more GBBR's until they get the ones they promised out! Im going to die if I don't get my LM4 Magpul Edition soon!
Amen! I emailed Airsoft Outlet NW about pre-ordering the Magpul LM4 PTS edition and he said they are accepting pre-orders via telephone. I then asked the ETA of the gun and this is what I received as a response:
"We hope to get them in March, but KWA has not confirmed the exact date. We know they are getting 2-3 shipments in the next 6 weeks, but they don't always know for sure what new products will be on them until they've arrived.

Adam
Airsoft Outlet NW"
I. Cannot. Friggin. Wait.

Edited by apacifico3, 26 February 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#47 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Postapacifico3, on 26 February 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Amen! I emailed Airsoft Outlet NW about pre-ordering the Magpul LM4 PTS edition and he said they are accepting pre-orders via telephone. I then asked the ETA of the gun and this is what I received as a response:
"We hope to get them in March, but KWA has not confirmed the exact date. We know they are getting 2-3 shipments in the next 6 weeks, but they don't always know for sure what new products will be on them until they've arrived.

Adam
Airsoft Outlet NW"
I. Cannot. Friggin. Wait.
Wow, thats the best I've heard from anyone haha. Trust me, il be handing my cash over to whoever has it first. Thats about what I was expecting though... How do you do a pre order over the phone anyways?

#48 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm debating pre-ordering from them as the pre-order price is $490, $10 more than the listed pricing on KWA's site. Buuuuuuttttt, seeing as the gun MIGHT be popular and MIGHT not be highly stocked up in the US as soon as it's released (meaning low inventory numbers in only the more popular airsoft stores) I'm leaning toward the pre-order. Head over to their web site and call the number listed on the homepage during their business hours..

#49 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

View Postapacifico3, on 26 February 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

I'm debating pre-ordering from them as the pre-order price is $490, $10 more than the listed pricing on KWA's site. Buuuuuuttttt, seeing as the gun MIGHT be popular and MIGHT not be highly stocked up in the US as soon as it's released (meaning low inventory numbers in only the more popular airsoft stores) I'm leaning toward the pre-order. Head over to their web site and call the number listed on the homepage during their business hours..
Yeah, what I really want to do is just buy from Evike or GI, and use one of those great coupons they always have to offer, so I can make my purchase large, and save on everything. Im not familiar with Airsoft Outlet either! So I don't know if they have similar deals. Free shipping doesn't really matter to me, because I think, by the time its available here in the states, Il want it ASAP and will probably pay for expedited shipping. I bought most of my LM4 accessories already in anticipation but the ones I haven't yet bought I pretty much want to put them in the same order as the full LM4 order.
Still need to buy:
  • KWA LM4 PTS Magpul Edition GBBR ($480)
  • .25/.28's ($15)
  • Surefire M952v Clone, Magpul Flashlight Attachment(eBay)($80)
  • Sling
  • Low Power Bolt
  • RA Tech Recoil Buffer
  • KWA Speed Loader
  • Extra (2?)KWA LM4 Pmag ($100+)

#50 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

To me, coupon codes dictate the situation I'm in. GI has good coupon codes, and Evike has amazing coupon codes. It also really depends on when the gun is released, as there is a big op on March 10th (GA vs. SC) and if it came out before then (most likely not), I'd use Evike for their better codes and get expedited shipping. I like GI better though... Looks like I'm not doing the pre-order and hopefully will catch it on GI or Evike when it's released and they'll have a good coupon out then. But until then, I'm getting my accessories. :P
  • RS Magpul UBR
  • RS Magpul MOE+ grip
  • Madbull Noveske Amplifier (maybe 2, one for this, other for a KMP9!)
  • 10.5 outer barrel (or 2... :blinded: )
  • inner barrel to fit 10.5 inch outer barrel
  • extra hop up for barrel
  • extra upper receiver
  • Magpul MS2 or MS3 sling
  • extra mags (doesn't have to be Magpul)
  • good rail mounted flashlight
  • good red dot (either replica EO Tech or replica Aimpoint Comp M2 w/ cantilever mount)
  • RS Magpul MBUS sights
  • RS Magpul AFG
Now I can't decide whether to get tan or black parts (stock, grip, AFG, and MBUS). :cry:
Anyways, any recommendations on good red dots of the replicas I listed that will hold their zero?

#51 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

For some reason its hard to picture your gun in my mind, make a physical mock up of it using pimpmygun
pimpmygun.doctornoob.com

#52 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

Posted Image
Might actually switch the grip to the MIAD; I really don't like the MOE+ now because of the thick, rubber coating. I have a CASV-M (King Arms, not RS) and a Magpul UBR (PTS, not RS), but my PTS UBR is crap. Craptastic plastic and threads strip easily. So I'm selling that and buying a RS UBR.

Now I have to decide whether to get the MIAD and UBR in DE or Black...

#53 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

I would consider selling my PTS parts from the Magpul edition and just going for RS Magpul Parts. But if I did that id probably want to put a rail on the front.

#54 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

That's what I plan to do. Sell all the PTS parts on the LM4, and put on RS Magpul and other stuff. The CASV-M rail system I have is so awesome. It's modular, meaning you can set rails on the bottom, side, and angled (1 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 7 o'clock, and 11 o'clock) positions. I love it. It's extremely solid, and until it breaks, I won't be considering the RS. I also have the KM4 SR10 rail system and a Madbull Daniel Defense Light 7.0 system, so I have options for a second upper receiver build.

#55 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

If I went with a rail for my LM4, out of the ones you listed it'd be the Daniel Defense Rails. I saw a build that Ehobby did with the asian LM4 with some DD rails, looked sick.

#56 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

Don't buy DD licensed pieces made by other companies such as Madbull. (Not sure if they make DD anyway...) but if you want a DD rail, buy it from the DD company itself and pay the extra money to achieve better quality. That's just my two cents.

#57 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 28 February 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Don't buy DD licensed pieces made by other companies such as Madbull. (Not sure if they make DD anyway...) but if you want a DD rail, buy it from the DD company itself and pay the extra money to achieve better quality. That's just my two cents.
Words of wisdom.^^^^ Yes, Madbull makes DD rails.

#58 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Madbull DD aren't bad at all. They're nice and light like the RS and built tough. I've had my rail for about 3 years and it still functions perfectly. I mean it's a rail, but it's great quality. I can't see paying for a RS DD rail if you don't have a RS AR to transfer it to. The DD Lite 7 inch rail is $300+ compared to the $100 Madbull DD rail. PTS parts are general crap (like my UBR stock: seams, plastic threading for screws, and rusting? C'mon.; the same with the brittle plastic on my old MIAD...) so that's my choice from experience to use RS Magpul.

Now if I did have a real AR, I wouldn't hesitate to throw on a RS rail system (like the VLTOR CASV-M or the DD Lite or Omega) onto my airsoft gun and transfer it back and forth. But for right now, the airsoft versions of these rail systems function perfectly without any or much fault.

Edited by apacifico3, 28 February 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#59 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 28 February 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

That's just my two cents.
I DONT WANT YOUR DIRTY MONEY
Just kidding, but I haven't heard of any issues with the Madbull DD rails, which is why I would go for one. I haven't looked into it yet, or compared RS prices to Madbull prices. Once I look into it more I could give a more definite answer about what I think of both of them. As Apacifico says, its a $200 difference...

#60 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Postaaps59, on 28 February 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

I DONT WANT YOUR DIRTY MONEY
Just kidding, but I haven't heard of any issues with the Madbull DD rails, which is why I would go for one. I haven't looked into it yet, or compared RS prices to Madbull prices. Once I look into it more I could give a more definite answer about what I think of both of them. As Apacifico says, its a $200 difference...
Sorry, $225 difference. The RS is hard-coat anodized and has a gas tube opening, while the Madbull does not have these features. Both are made from aircraft-grade 6061-T6 Aluminum and weight about 10 to 11 ounces. My friend's dad has an AR build with a DD 12" Lite as well as an Omega rail. He thought I had the real thing, until he noticed the lack of a gas tube opening. The finish was also something he noticed ONLY after holding both rails in his hands.

Sorry if I came off sounding like I was selling a product. I will back this rail system up as long as it stays functional. Also, the look of a little "wear and tear" after three years looks great.

Edited by apacifico3, 28 February 2012 - 12:31 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lm4, build, custom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users