stainless slide kwa hk usp sanding paint removing disassembly

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hey guys,

I scratched up the slide pretty bad during the first game I had with the USP, which sucks big time. I was wondering if it is possible to just disassemble the slide to the point where it is a bare slide with no internals or the sights on and just soak it with paint remover to get a sort of a "stainless steel" type slide. Has anyone ever done this/wants to do this? How do you guys think it would turn out and is the slide like a silver color (it's aluminum right?) underneath the paint? I would definitely wait until after the 45 day warranty I have is up to do this as I assume this will void the warranty. Also, do you guys know anyone who can engrave?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostCorncake288, on 12 February 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Hey guys,

I scratched up the slide pretty bad during the first game I had with the USP, which sucks big time. I was wondering if it is possible to just disassemble the slide to the point where it is a bare slide with no internals or the sights on and just soak it with paint remover to get a sort of a "stainless steel" type slide. Has anyone ever done this/wants to do this? How do you guys think it would turn out and is the slide like a silver color (it's aluminum right?) underneath the paint? I would definitely wait until after the 45 day warranty I have is up to do this as I assume this will void the warranty. Also, do you guys know anyone who can engrave?
There are a number of people who have stripped the outer slide and polished the metal which is aluminum alloy.  Keep in mind you will need to polish it from time to time to keep it looking good as it will oxidize.  If you search the Forums you should be able to find pics of the guns.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

View Postgcw360, on 13 February 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

There are a number of people who have stripped the outer slide and polished the metal which is aluminum alloy.  Keep in mind you will need to polish it from time to time to keep it looking good as it will oxidize.  If you search the Forums you should be able to find pics of the guns.
Word! :gun:

My USP Match.................

Posted Image

#4 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostCorncake288, on 12 February 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Hey guys,

Unless you really want a stainless gun, I wouldn't bother. It is a gun after all, and it obviously isn't a collectors piece if your using it in game. Just my .02 cents. ;)

#5 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 13 February 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

Word! :gun:

My USP Match.................

Posted Image
Off topic-How did you get the orange tip off the Mark II? LOL just curious.
Wait, just remembered the rules. Nevermind.

Edited by xX Chaotic Cam, 13 February 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 13 February 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Off topic-How did you get the orange tip off the Mark II? LOL just curious.
Wait, just remembered the rules. Nevermind.
I have a metal outer barrel, that's how!  LOL

#7 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 13 February 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

I have a metal outer barrel, that's how!  LOL
LOLL. I need to suggest one to my friend. It's cold here though and I would rather not snap the barrel, hmm. Decisions, decisions.

#8 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postgcw360, on 13 February 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

Keep in mind you will need to polish it from time to time to keep it looking good as it will oxidize.
How do I polish it and how often would I need to polish it?

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostCorncake288, on 13 February 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

How do I polish it and how often would I need to polish it?

I polish mine using a dremel cloth polishing bit with some metal or chrome polishing paste. I found that I would have to polish every few weeks or it gets dull and nasty. It's a real pain so make sure this is what you want.

#10 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 13 February 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

It's a real pain so make sure this is what you want.
Well it's scratched up so badly it seems like there is no other choice unless I want to keep the gun like that, which I would prefer not to. If you strongly advise against it, I could probably live with it or just get a new slide.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 13 February 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

LOLL. I need to suggest one to my friend. It's cold here though and I would rather not snap the barrel, hmm. Decisions, decisions.
Niko and I both run a metal outer on our MK series.  It's not going to break anytime soon.

#12 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

View Postgcw360, on 13 February 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Niko and I both run a metal outer on our MK series.  It's not going to break anytime soon.
Few thousand rounds through it since the barrel swap and no sign of excessive wear......................................................

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stainless, slide, kwa, hk, usp, sanding, paint, removing, disassembly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users