• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Run'n'Gun

Run'n'Gun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

This is the most important factor for a gbb with limited mag capacity in my opinion.  How does it compare with the km4 and other aegs?

#2 mcnabb100

mcnabb100

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'm sure it will be similar, but like all gas guns the FPS will not be as consistent as an AEG, so accuracy at long range might suffer a bit.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

View Postmcnabb100, on 11 February 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

I'm sure it will be similar, but like all gas guns the FPS will not be as consistent as an AEG, so accuracy at long range might suffer a bit.

You may be surprised at how consistent the fps is with the LM4's.

#4 Locoyokopoco

Locoyokopoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

I just hope the hop up unit is solid and consistent. If they can put a 2gx style bucking in it, that would be awesome. On another note, I had the chance to dry fire the magpul edition today, and the recoil is unreal. MUCH more than my KJW/TK M4 with the V2 bolt.

Edited by Locoyokopoco, 12 February 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#5 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostLocoyokopoco, on 12 February 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

I just hope the hop up unit is solid and consistent. If they can put a 2gx style bucking in it, that would be awesome. On another note, I had the chance to dry fire the magpul edition today, and the recoil is unreal. MUCH more than my KJW/TK M4 with the V2 bolt.
You got to fire the LM4? :drool: Lucky man... Kick more than a .22? Eagerly waiting for this gun to come in stock at retailers.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

A .22 rifle really don't have any recoil so I would have to guess that the LM4 will have more recoil.

#7 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

Yeah,true. I'm also saying my KMP9 has more pop to it than my .22, so I'm hoping with a larger and heavier bolt the LM4 will also have more kick. Would I be pushing it to say it's got the the kick of, lets say an AR15? My friend's dad has AR15, loud as hell but barely kicks, which is why I love shooting it. It might be modified in some way(s), but I don't know. All I really have to test it up against is a Mini 14 shooting .22LR.
Sorry if this is straying away from the actual topic, but I guess kick will most likely be a factor in accuracy as well as hop-up and inner barrel length/diameter.

#8 Run'n'Gun

Run'n'Gun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

Anyone had a chance to do a measured test yet?

#9 Locoyokopoco

Locoyokopoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

View Postapacifico3, on 12 February 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

You got to fire the LM4? :drool: Lucky man... Kick more than a .22? Eagerly waiting for this gun to come in stock at retailers.

Unfortunately, I've never shot a .22 before, so I can't say.

#10 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

I'm curious as to the actual hop-up design. Will it be similar to the GBB pistol line? I've not had the chance to inspect the MP7 and MP9 SMGs, so I do not know what they use. I hope it is not the same as the pistol style. The ball bearing and rubber is fine for the low-power and short range of the pistol, but in a rifle I can't see it being competative. I am very happy with the range, accuracy, and overall consistantcy of my WE M4 with "open bolt" VSR-style hop up. It rivals traditional AEG hop ups easily.

#11 Fluffy Boy 32

Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

When I built my G&P WOC, I just used the standard Hop Up and it's GODLY. They must have magic fairy dust in it or something. If the LM4 lives up to the hype and the hop up is comparable to the G&P, I may end up picking one up. Then I'll have the best of both worlds...

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostGrindstone, on 14 February 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'm curious as to the actual hop-up design. Will it be similar to the GBB pistol line? I've not had the chance to inspect the MP7 and MP9 SMGs, so I do not know what they use. I hope it is not the same as the pistol style. The ball bearing and rubber is fine for the low-power and short range of the pistol, but in a rifle I can't see it being competative. I am very happy with the range, accuracy, and overall consistantcy of my WE M4 with "open bolt" VSR-style hop up. It rivals traditional AEG hop ups easily.
I can't give details as of yet regarding the hop-up design.  What I can say is that it is NOT like the GBB pistols which is also going through a hop-up redesign.

#13 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

That's very good to hear. While I won't purchase one of these right out the gate, I do look forward to someone doing a decent in-depth review to assist my purchasing decision.

#14 Zulu88

Zulu88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:airsoft(ofcourse),
    surfing,sports,
    shooting

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Agreed with the WE open bolt hop ups!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users