• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 RyszardRudy

RyszardRudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hello, I would like to post a suggestion to KWA for a future notes and perhaps to hear the opinions of other airsofters.
Personally I have a deep interest in russian militatry equiment and it really makes me sad, that it's being overlooked in airsoft world. Thus we have a very ritch variety of NATO weapons out there. For russian stuff, the people know only AK 47, less know about AK 74 and thet it has taken the 47's place long time ago. It's my personal opinion, but it feels like the Iron Curtain still exists. A good example of this (stereotype) would be latest COD MW3 where (Russian?) enemy forces had latest toys (like Tiger transport) out in the battlefield, but ware weilding AK 47's. Anyway time passed, new weapons are taking places on the battlefield and I would really like to see them too in the airsoft world.

First (and all of those) I would like to suggest to bring the AEK 971 into airsoft world. I know it's had lost to the second gun I'm gonna suggest, but this one is my favorite. The real steel version of this rifle surpassed the AK 74 in many ways, but lost (I can't understand why) to AN 94 in gov. competition. But I believe this rifle really deserves an attention. And if I could choose between AK 74MN and AEK 971 - I would go for AEK 971.
My personal favorite version is the one on the top:
Link to the image

The second gun I would like to brought to the airsofters is the Pecheneg (Petcheneg) machine gun - just because only machineguns out there in the market are M60's, M249's and Miniguns. Most of you might think, why I'm not suggesting PKM machine gun since it's also rare and classic in russian military. Yes, but Pecheneg surpassed it too and is in military service now. And I personally think it looks more modern than PKM. And I've seen that atleast 2 companies started to make PKM's and I heard that KWA likes to make something diferent.
Link to the image

Well for the third, I'm not very sure if I have to include this into a suggestions anyway, but just to remind you, that Russian forces have that AN 94 and some might want to have it.

To summarize my suggestion I would like to add that both AEK 791 and AN 94 are using AK 74 standart magazines. Either if you make AEG or Gas (Gas AEK 791 is my personal dream) versions of them - you woun't be needing to manufacture/sell additional magazines for them. What considers the Pecheneg - it uses the same ammo box as the PKM, but I don't know how it goes with spare mags in airsoft machineguns.

I hope that KWA will make a note, that there are people here for a diferent guns.

Edited by RyszardRudy, 09 February 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

Very nice suggestions, I think that the second link you posted is dead. Giving me 404 error.

#3 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostRyszardRudy, on 08 February 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

Hello, I would like to post a suggestion to KWA for a future notes ad perhaps to hear the opinions of other airsofters.
Personally I have a deep interest in russian militatry equiment and it really makes me sad, that it's being overlooked in airsoft world. Thus we have a very ritch variety of NATO weapons out there. For russian stuff, the people know only AK 47, less know about AK 74 and thet it has taken the 47's place long time ago. It's my personal opinion, but it feels like the Iron Curtain still exists. A good example of this (stereotype) would be latest COD MW3 where (Russian?) enemy forces had latest toys (like Tiger transport) out in the battlefield ut ware weilding AK 47's. Anyway time passed, new weapons are taking places on the battlefield and I would really like to see them too in the airsoft world.

First (and all of those) I would like to suggest to bring the AEK 971 into airsoft world. I know it's had lost to the second gun I'm gonna suggest, but this one is my favorite. The real steel version of this rifle surpassed the AK 74 in many ways, but lost (I can't understand why) to AN 94 in gov. competition. But I believe this gu really deserves an attention. And if I could choose between AK 74MN and AEK 971 - I would go for AEK 971.
My personal favorite version is the one on the top:
Link to the image

The second gun I would like to brought to the airsofters is the Pecheneg (Petcheneg) machine gun - just because only machineguns out there in the market are M60's, M249's and Miniguns. Most of you might think, why I'm not suggesting PKM machine gun since it's also rare and classic in russian military. Yes, but Pecheneg surpassed it too and is in mil service now. And I personally think it looks more modern than PKM. And I've seen that atleast 2 companies started to make PKM's and I heard that KWA likes to make something diferent.
Link to the image

Well for the third, I'm not very sure if I have to include this into a suggestions anyway, but just to remind you, that Russian forces have that AN 94 and some might want to have it.

To summarize my suggestion I would like to add that both AEK 791 and AN 94 are using AK 74 standart magazines. Either if you make AEG or Gas (Gas AEK 791 is my personal dream) versions of them - you woun't be needing to manufacture/sell additional magazines for them. What considers the Pecheneg - it uses the same ammo boxk as the PKM, but I don't know how it goes with spare mags in airsoft machineguns.

I hope that KWA will make a note, that there are people here for a diferent guns.
I want to have a AN-94 with everything in me. :( ARES is coming out with a AEK-971! :D

#4 Epitaph

Epitaph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

I would kill for a KWA made AN-94 GBBR. Of course it'd have to have the 2 round burst option, that ugly muzzle break, canted magazine, and goofy pistol grip location.. mmm, love it!

First post btw :wave:

Edited by Epitaph, 08 February 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#5 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostEpitaph, on 08 February 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I would kill for a KWA made AN-94 GBBR. It would have to have the 2 round burst option, that ugly muzzle break, canted magazine, and goofy pistol grip location.. mmm, love it!

I wish there was a new GBBR from KWA that had a burst option. Id hop on that!
Welcome to the forum!

#6 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

View Postaaps59, on 08 February 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

I wish there was a new GBBR from KWA that had a burst option. Id hop on that!
Welcome to the forum!
Kriss has 2 round burst silly.

View PostEpitaph, on 08 February 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I would kill for a KWA made AN-94 GBBR. Of course it'd have to have the 2 round burst option, that ugly muzzle break, canted magazine, and goofy pistol grip location.. mmm, love it!

I would pay a $100 for a AN-94 muzzle break! :D

#7 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 08 February 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Kriss has 2 round burst silly.

Nah I meant one of the AR's. Like the LM4

#8 RyszardRudy

RyszardRudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

View Postaaps59, on 08 February 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

Very nice suggestions, I think that the second link you posted is dead. Giving me 404 error.
Works on my my machine.
You can see some pics of the gun here.

View PostxX Chaotic Cam, on 08 February 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

I want to have a AN-94 with everything in me. :( ARES is coming out with a AEK-971! :D
ARES? Who? What? Where?

Din't knew, that I would find so many AN-94 lovers here. :D

Edited by RyszardRudy, 09 February 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#9 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostRyszardRudy, on 09 February 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Works on my my machine.
You can see some pics of the gun here.
ARES? Who? What? Where?

Din't knew, that I would find so many AN-94 lovers here. :D
Yep, ARES. I seen a video of it at shot show where the guy is like "look at that ak 47 with the funky fire selector!" i facepalmed so hard.

#10 RyszardRudy

RyszardRudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

If youre speaking about this video, then it's not an AEK 971, you can tell by the look at the barrel. And the guys says clearly that it's standart AK. You can see the real thing here and here. :)

Edited by RyszardRudy, 10 February 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#11 DjWyzo

DjWyzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Well this is great to find so many modern russian weapon lovers. so i suggest to kwa that the create a GBBR A-91                                                                                                                                                  Now i suggest that either KWA or some other company specialize in creating aeg and gbb russian weapons such as Smg's, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols, PDW's. I also suggest they specialize in russian gear such as camouflage,Vests,Explosives, Holsters and Etc.

#12 RyszardRudy

RyszardRudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Well today I was talking about airsoft future plans and when I told him a phrase "a gbbr Petcheneg" with a smile on his face he called me a real pervert. :D
I think that modern weaponry is a better way to go. Especially when Russia started active military modernization. Even military documentaries are starting to look good as U.S.'s vid's.
Take a look at this two. The first video is called "Our name is SPETZNAZ!", the director says it's a real thing, they just filmed it nicely (made a good camera work), from the camo I can tell those are CRRF Spetznaz.

The secon one is about the russian Airborne (ВДВ) Spetznaz:

Most of the weapons are AK74M (like the AKG 74),  and Petcheneg's. You might find there AK47 and some PKM's - but those are used for training purpouse only or modified as sniper rifle. Either way, there's not much to do with sniper rifles, shotguns, pistols SMG's and PDW's - you can count all of them on one palm's fingers. It's not like in US where there's a commerce involved in weaponmaking. In Russia there is only "in or not in service factor". Of course, the AEK 971 didn't make it, but it stood out because of it's revolutionairy "balanced" operating system, even made a AK-107/AK-108 out of it.

As for camo's, vests and holsters I don't know actually if it could be worth it. Everything that it is available for civilian purchase, but I'm not sure about CRRF camo.

Edited by RyszardRudy, 10 June 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#13 RyszardRudy

RyszardRudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

A better look on a REAL STEEL version:
http://vitalykuzmin.net/?q=node/359

#14 RyszardRudy

RyszardRudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Another idea considering the PKP Pecheneg and the PKM. Since external difference are only in flash-hider, bi-pod and carrying handle (there might be some minorities), why not making one of them and give the people a conversion kit for another model?

#15 GabezR

GabezR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

Echo 1 is making a PKP from what I know...
We aren't as useless as you think ;) 60% of airsofters will tell yo the '74 replaced the AKM.
COD is a different story....

#16 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Izhmash will be releasing a airsoft AN94 soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AEK 971, AK 74, AKG, Russian, Gas, Assault Rifles, AN 94, Pecheneg, PKM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users