• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Just got a KWA USP in the mail, and it's my first GBB I've owned.  It's working great (Gas is going to get so expensive... I can't stop shooting it.), but I had a question about the sights.  It's shooting to the right about an inch at ~20 feet.  Is there any way to adjust this?  I'm not familiar with the pistol yet, so I didn't want to strip it down completely to check if there was a screw holding the sight in place.  It looks dovetailed, but I thought I'd make sure before I tried tapping it one way or another.

Also, the charging valve on one magazine seems to have a slight leak that's not present on the other.  Is this going to be an issue?  I put some lubricant on, but can barely hear it.

And finally, even after filling the spare mag (that doesn't leak) for about 15 seconds, there is no gas overflow like the instructions suggest there should be.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, and sorry if any of these have been answered,
- Guilo

#2 JROC311

JROC311

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Seeking of thrills

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

just tap lightly on the front sight base with a small punch and it will slide over.

#3 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Alright, thanks. :)

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostGuilo, on 07 February 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Just got a KWA USP in the mail, and it's my first GBB I've owned.  It's working great (Gas is going to get so expensive... I can't stop shooting it.), but I had a question about the sights.  It's shooting to the right about an inch at ~20 feet.  Is there any way to adjust this?  I'm not familiar with the pistol yet, so I didn't want to strip it down completely to check if there was a screw holding the sight in place.  It looks dovetailed, but I thought I'd make sure before I tried tapping it one way or another.

Also, the charging valve on one magazine seems to have a slight leak that's not present on the other.  Is this going to be an issue?  I put some lubricant on, but can barely hear it.

And finally, even after filling the spare mag (that doesn't leak) for about 15 seconds, there is no gas overflow like the instructions suggest there should be.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, and sorry if any of these have been answered,
- Guilo
Gas overflow doesn't always happen so no worries there.  The leaky valve can be tightened with either a valve key at an airsoft store, or with a small screw driver.  If you try to DIY be very careful because the valves are plated brass and are soft.

#5 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hmm, I tried tightening it lightly to not strip it out, but the leak is remaining the same.  Just to make sure I got the terms right, it's the spot you fill the mag with on the baseplate.  Suppose I could have checked the manual for the name of the piece...

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

That would be it.  If it's still leaking you may just need a new valve.  KWA does warranty repairs assuming you bought the gun from an authorized KWA reseller and you are within the 45 day warranty period.

#7 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Alright, thanks for the help. I just got it yesterday from Airsoft GI, so I'll have to send them an email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users