Zulu88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:airsoft(ofcourse),
    surfing,sports,
    shooting

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

hey i was really curious about the different external parts i could get for this rifle like real wood furniture to make it look like the classic AK-47.or different stocks because KWA doesnt say much about aftermarket parts for this series of weapons

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

The complete answer may need to wait upon its release to find out the complete details. However, do know... the AK47 is different from the AK74. You cannot simply swap furniture between the two... as in, the AK47 furniture does not fit on the AK74, and the AK74 furniture does not fit onto the AK47. Even if you attained an AK74 wood kit to put on the AK GBBR, the AK74M GBBR is a folding stock version.

I'll try and find out more details about the compatibility with other furniture, as pretty much all the airsoft AK's run off their own or other companies spec.

#3 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

greatwatermelon, on 05 February 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

The complete answer may need to wait upon its release to find out the complete details. However, do know... the AK47 is different from the AK74. You cannot simply swap furniture between the two... as in, the AK47 furniture does not fit on the AK74, and the AK74 furniture does not fit onto the AK47. Even if you attained an AK74 wood kit to put on the AK GBBR, the AK74M GBBR is a folding stock version.

I'll try and find out more details about the compatibility with other furniture, as pretty much all the airsoft AK's run off their own or other companies spec.
The stock is not the only wood part on an AK. There is also the handguards. You can make a wood stock fit a AK74m, you gotta gluck it first though.  :rolf2:

Edited by xX Chaotic Cam, 06 February 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

:cry: I have caused an epidemic of glucking...

The 74 wood grips could replace the 74 polymer grips, but it looks funny without a wood stock... I doubt people would modify to that extent of a folding wooden stock? Modifying to that extent would mean modify to be compatible... :P

#5 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

greatwatermelon, on 06 February 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

:cry: I have caused an epidemic of glucking...

The 74 wood grips could replace the 74 polymer grips, but it looks funny without a wood stock... I doubt people would modify to that extent of a folding wooden stock? Modifying to that extent would mean modify to be compatible... :P
No, they look fine!
Are you telling me you don't like to gluck? :shocked:

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

All I want KWA to do is to make a rail that attaches to the side rail mounting doohickey. I don't want to gluck around looking for some aftermarket non KWA made one.

:hug: SUPRISE GLUCK HUG!!! LMFAO....

#7 Zulu88

Zulu88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:airsoft(ofcourse),
    surfing,sports,
    shooting

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

greatwatermelon, on 05 February 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

i am aware because the technically are different guns but im sure that there is some kind of wooden stock for an ak 74

#8 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

Outlaw1995, on 06 February 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

All I want KWA to do is to make a rail that attaches to the side rail mounting doohickey. I don't want to gluck around looking for some aftermarket non KWA made one.

:hug: SUPRISE GLUCK HUG!!! LMFAO....
I don't like to gluck men. :mellow:

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

OK, back on track boys....

#10 Shifter

Shifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

I order to match a folding stock with a wood furnitured ak-74 you would need to use the triangle type folding stock. I should be a simple as knocking out a pin and swapping stocks as long as they are dimensionally similar. I've done it before with aeg's so I know its possible

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

Shifter, on 24 March 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

I order to match a folding stock with a wood furnitured ak-74 you would need to use the triangle type folding stock. I should be a simple as knocking out a pin and swapping stocks as long as they are dimensionally similar. I've done it before with aeg's so I know its possible
Welcome to the forums! You could try it when they are released, but I'm sure no one could answer your question until the AKGs are out... we will have to wait and see...

#12 RyszardRudy

RyszardRudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

The best way is probably wait until KWA will come up with AKG with fixed stock like AKR-74. Then there is a point to ask for a wooden stock.

#13 diescheize11

diescheize11

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

On real AKs(AKM and AK74, AK47 IS different), the wood is interchangeable, without fitting.

Zulu88, on 06 February 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

i am aware because the technically are different guns but im sure that there is some kind of wooden stock for an ak 74

Not laminated wood like original Russian, but very cheap and the real deal. They also have plum sets for $45, which say they're Bulgarian, but Bulgaria never made plum furniture, if you get my drift....... They're Russian ha! A real set of russian laminate will cost over $200 and good luck finding it anywhere.

https://www.apexgunp...roducts_id/1208

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa, ak, ak 74, after, market, parts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users