• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 la999

la999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

I just purchased a KMP9 from AirsoftGI and I'm having feeding issues with my magazine.

It seems like I'm having more jams in my magazine during the beginning of the mag then at the end of the mag. I think the springs too strong. Do I need to break it in or something? I tried lubing it but that didnt seem to work.

I'm using ICS .25g bbs.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

The first thing I would try is different BB's.  Do you still have the BB's that the gun came with?  I would also get as much of the lube out as possible.  Lube attracts dirt and can make the feeding issue worse.  If trying different BB's doesn't work you may have a burr in the feed channel that needs to be removed.  Before jumping to a repair though try the BB's and let us know if that works.

#3 la999

la999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

I've found the issue, my bbs are getting stuck at the slot where the follower starts coming out in the mag.

Edit: I've found that my Matrix .23g bbs do not jam but the ICS .25gbbs do.

Edited by la999, 04 February 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

So, as I posted, it's a BB issue not a mag issue?

#5 Mosh

Mosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

I had that same problem, the bbs get jammed up near the bottom of the mag. I lube the mag occasionally and I also make sure that the double stack is good near the bottom and I havent had any more problems

Edited by Mosh, 05 February 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#6 Animaniacfromhi

Animaniacfromhi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

I had the same issue when I first bought the KMP9. The BBs end up getting squeeze that they are almost parallel to each other. I used Matrix & Golden Ball brand bbs. They have a softer shell so I tried the AirsoftGI bbs that I got & they work. The brand of bbs do matter. It seems the harder & more polished bbs seem to work for me. .20g is great but after I use them up, I'll got for a heavier bb. I also tries using silicone but that makes the cheaper BBs deteriate more. Might wanna clean any excess silicone too & make sure the mags R clean. I read that if U don't keep it clean, it also jams up. The butt plate came off mine so I had to send it to my local shop to screw it back in. U have to take the whole back internals to get access to the screws. The screws & butt plate looks stripped. KWA sells the screws but not the butt plate....

Edited by Animaniacfromhi, 07 February 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

Try brand of bb's with a higher polish and slicker finish like KWA.  I would have to agree that your bb's may have too much surface friction to load smoothly.

#8 Mustard Goose

Mustard Goose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hey all. Just wanted to say cleaning the track on my mags solved this problem for me. Don't go through the hassle of tearing them apart to clean, just lock the spring down and use q-tips wet with alcohol to clean the track out. Also, make sure your bbs are staggered correctly and you'll be jam free in no time.

#9 PJ-P09

PJ-P09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

I had the same problem... it's not caused by bb the problem is that the spring is strong and if you don't do well the double stack in the whole mag you will have problems with any bb; even with aluminum bb or glass bb that are "perfect"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users