• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroKateo

ZeroKateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

I've cleaned this thing 3 times and everytime I put the slide on it gets stuck what am I doing wrong? Also I practically have to yank the slide just for it to come off after taking out the slide catch.

After looking at the gun more it appears to be getting stuck on part number 28 in the USP diagram. any idea why?

Called the customer service because I just rememberd it, apparently the slide was getting stuck on the screw holding the rear iron sight in place.

Edited by ZeroKateo, 03 February 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

So it's fixed?

#3 wurger

wurger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

After removing the slide catch, try sliding the slide completely to the rear before removing the slide. My USP Match slide is a real stinker to remove unless I slide the slide fully to the rear before removing the slide.

Excessive use of the word slide aside...sometimes the recoil spring will hang when you reinstall the slide. Push the muzzle up slightly and reinstall should be smoother.

Edited by wurger, 03 February 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#4 ZeroKateo

ZeroKateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Postgcw360, on 03 February 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

So it's fixed?

Yes its fixed

View Postwurger, on 03 February 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

After removing the slide catch, try sliding the slide completely to the rear before removing the slide. My USP Match slide is a real stinker to remove unless I slide the slide fully to the rear before removing the slide.

Excessive use of the word slide aside...sometimes the recoil spring will hang when you reinstall the slide. Push the muzzle up slightly and reinstall should be smoother.

Already fixed it bro, thanks for trying to help but it was the screw holding the rear iron sight in place, it wasnt screwed in all the way so it was getting caught on the hammer.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostZeroKateo, on 07 February 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Already fixed it bro, thanks for trying to help but it was the screw holding the rear iron sight in place, it wasnt screwed in all the way so it was getting caught on the hammer.

How far was the screw out?

#6 ZeroKateo

ZeroKateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Not exactly sure but it was far enough to get stuck. I had removed the rear sight earlier that day and I guess I didn't tighten it all the way so everytime I shot the gun the screw got looser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users