6 replies to this topic

#1 born-sniper-2011

born-sniper-2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

I got the M9 Ptp at Christmas and after several games i have noticed the bb's curve BAD at around 40 feet no matter how i adjust the hop up (.25 gram bbs). The footage is laser measured, the bb's curve in random directions and i mean like from straight line to a 90 degrees straight up, or 90 degrees left or right. I would compare it too a 450 fps gun shooting .12 gram bb's, except the hop up helps a little bit.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your hop-up troubles.  Have you used any silicone in the barrel or around the hop-up bucking?  If so, what type?

#3 born-sniper-2011

born-sniper-2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

The only silicone ive used is the silicone included in the clear bottle i put it all around the slide anywhere the slide touches after every use, but never actually in the barrel. I noticed that sometimes when i run out of gas in the magazine that the bb's that come out of the mag are dirty could the mag be causing the bb's to get greasy/ dirty and making them less accurate?

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Did you adjust the hop up all the way clockwise to turn it off?

I would recommend clean the bucking with a q-tip. The gas I doubt would be the main culprit of your bucking problems. If it was anything, have you cleaned where the bb's are stacked, with a q-tip? That place is always extremely greasy and dirty...

#5 born-sniper-2011

born-sniper-2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

i havent ever cleaned the place where the bb's are stacked, but i clean the barrel after every use, and the hop up is all the way clockwise, but that5 should be most hop right?
If i turn it counter clockwise the bb's fly up like crazy.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

You have to clean inner barrels with hop turned off all the way.  It can get either damaged or soaked with contaminants from the cleaning rod and inner barrel.

#7 born-sniper-2011

born-sniper-2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I clean it with the hop up off, I tested the gun after cleaning the mag where the bb's go in and it didnt help in still EXTREMELY innacurate. I am comfortable taking the gun apart if theres anything i can do without sending it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users