• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroKateo

ZeroKateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

I recently orderd a KWA usp but I cant afford to buy green gas all the time and was just curious if the USP will be able to handle the propane if I keep it well lubed and maintenced.

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Being able to handle propane is one debate of its own. KWA advises to not use propane for several reasons, which is stated numerously through the KWA forums. Therefore I will not list all the several reasons here.

How you will properly maintain your KWA? One of the issues that comes across using propane, is what you lube the KWA with, how much of it is added to the propane, and how do you maintain the KWA?
  • First off, you will want to use 100% Silicone Shock Oil, like this, and NOT silicone spray that is even advertised as 100% silicone oil. Many of the airsoft store stocks this silicone spray that is one of the contributions to KWAs malfunctioning, as it has other chemicals within it that KWAs do not react well with.
  • As for how much lube to apply per propane fill? There are many assumptions online on how much silicone oil to add to Propane, which dries out o-rings and causes corrosion. Per fill, you add how many drops is not exactly known. You can try and follow Airsoft Innovations recommendations or any others, but know that many KWAs end up in the repair center for using propane and their combo of silicone additives.
I cannot tell you how well your USP will handle propane, because I've heard all sorts of stories of people never having problems with propane, to all the broken KWAs gbb's that the KWA repair center receives from customers using propane. Using propane applies more stress to the KWA's internals. On top of that, it is still up in the air of how much silicone is supposed to be added to Propane to keep it functioning well and reliably.

Personally, I don't find propane worth using because it takes experimenting, and if your KWA breaks, you will end up spending more money repairing your KWA, than sticking to green gas.

From everything I've stated, the most I can tell you is, KWA does not recommend using Propane, and if you choose to do so, you will have to experiment and go about it at your own risk.

If any KWA customer chooses to use Propane within the 45 days of purchase, it will void their 45 day warranty, but do know, KWA still offers their customer and repair services to their customers even after that warranty is up or voided.

Edited by greatwatermelon, 27 January 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#3 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

Lets put it this way...it can if you are responsible and know what you are doing...but it will void your warrnaty...so wait 45 days after purchase

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hitman prety much gave the tl;dr answer. :lol:

#5 ZeroKateo

ZeroKateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Well I want to use my USP as soon as it gets here which is tuesday and if I ordered the green gas now it would take about another week. I've got an average guess from my friends on their USP's so I'll experiment a pinch. Thanks for the warning though.

edit: I may just wait until the 45 day warranty is up though.

Edited by ZeroKateo, 27 January 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Ok, please report back!

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Ah.............the age old question of "propane, or not to propane."  lol

Too many mixed reports for sure.  Some swear by it and others just break guns right out of the box from propane use.

#8 ZeroKateo

ZeroKateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Alright so my friends gave me a base idea of how to use propane in my USP when i get it on tuesday so I guess I'll write back when I get it and gas it up.

#9 ZeroKateo

ZeroKateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Alright got my KWA today, ran 2 fills of propane through it and it functioned flawlessly. It seems like it only holds about 1 2/3 worth of gas though, anything that I should check for to improve this?

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Wait till it gets warmer....you should get better efficiency.

#11 Ricochet808

Ricochet808

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

I have a KWA USP, and out here we have NO green gas. Every one uses Propane is every GBB rifle/pistol.

After running my pistol with propane for about a year and  half

My experience is such. LUBE IT UP, LUBE IT OFTEN.

You don't need to over lube, but you want to make sure that the gun ALWAYS HAS LUBE to protect moving parts and seals.

I use 100% silicon oil for GBBs ONLY; which is a pain in it self because I need to constantly have it shipped out here.

Adding silicon to the propane helps, but you need to actually manually oil every thing to ensure it does not dry out.

That is only noteworthy issue I have had with propane. As far as stress on the gun it self; I have experiences no issues. Only poor air seals due to try o-rings, and friction on moving parts.

Keep your seals happy, and the gun will keep you happy.

Edited by Ricochet808, 10 February 2012 - 01:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users