• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MikeC13

MikeC13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hello - I just registered, so if I need any tech info it's just a click or two away hopefully...

For my first post, here's my first KWA pistol. H&K USP Match .45, with the nessecary modifications to make it a cheap alternative training tool for IPSC/USPSA type shooting...

Posted Image

There's not really a lot of bolt-on aftermarket anything for any USP pistol, real or airsoft (Unless you want to hang a flashlight under the frame, that's about it) So I had to make some things myself to custom-fit the application. The sight rail and thumbrest are fabricated from 6061-T6 aluminum stock, chemically blackened, and bolted to the barrel weight. I had these blue aluminum 4-40 flat-head screws in my hardware hoard, so I decided to use them for a little departure from all the "Tactical Black"...

Posted Image

The front sight drove off with a punch like I expected, so it was easy to make a filler piece for the dovetail. No amount of hammer-time would budge the rear sight though, and I was concerned that I was going to damage the slide trying any further force. So I removed the sight leaf from the base and used it to mount the charging handle instead. It actually made making the handle itself much easier...

Posted Image

She seems like a good GBB so far, the quality is very decent right out of the box (other than a slide lock that failed very quickly, which I'm convinced was a casting defect. And it was taken care of ASAP by the warranty folks. Good customer service!!) No tracking down, purchasing, modifying, installing metal slides like with a TM or a WA. Shoots hard in stock form, for a lot less $$. And available in the USA, not having to come from Hong Kong or Japan. That's why I decided to try a KWA. I don't think it will be my last (I really want an FPG now, just for the "cool factor")

#2 JROC311

JROC311

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Seeking of thrills

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

Nice work. On the rear sight did you remove the screw from underneath the slide first? It's not just a press fit only like the front sight.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Very nice.

#4 MikeC13

MikeC13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostJROC311, on 27 January 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Nice work. On the rear sight did you remove the screw from underneath the slide first? It's not just a press fit only like the front sight.

That would explain it :innocent: looking at an exploded view I see what you mean. I didn't think the screw ran all the way through into the sight base.

I guess at least I was smart enough not to think "I must need a bigger hammer".

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users