5 replies to this topic

#1 SnickleBits

SnickleBits

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft of course!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the KWA forums because this is my first KWA purchase! I have a question and was hoping some people could provide some insight.

Short background story: I ordered the ATP from AirsoftGI and in AirsoftGI fashion, they quality checked my pistol before it was shipped to me and they even lubricated my internals for me.  While that was VERY nice of them, they seemed to have forgotten to put my silicone oil back on the box so I am without silicone oil. I called them and they are shipping me silicone oil free of charge.

This is where my question comes in... can you use silicone oil (the kind in a SPRAY CAN) to lubricate the internals and mix with the propane? Or does it HAVE to be the liquid/gel-like silicone?    

AirsoftGI is sending me G&G Silicone Oil in a spray can so that's why they asked. You can find it on their website if you want to look at it before telling me. I don't know if links are allowed here so just go to AirsoftGI's website and just type in "G&G Silicone Oil" and it should be the ONLY result that comes up.

Thank you!

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hey Snicklebits

Welcome to the forums.
I would not recommend using spray silicone of any kind on airsoft guns.  Many retailers should really start changing their stand on the use of these so called spray silicone oils because many of them are not 100% pure silicone.  They can contain petroleum distillates that can cause degradation of non-metal parts and can lead to premature failure.
I recommend buying some RC shock silicone oil in the 25-30wt from a local hobby store.  You can buy a good amount for about $5 that will last you a very long time.
I hope this answers your question.

#3 Paul202

Paul202

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

Is it okay to use the spray if it is 100% pure silicone oil? I have been using ICS Silicone Spay Lubricant for a couple months now, and so far have not experienced any problems. Will problems appear later on though?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

Problems can occur, yes indeed.

#5 Andrew Chen

Andrew Chen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hey What about using Airsoft Innovations GBB Silicone Oil and dropping it into the mag or propane adapter, or using Angel Custom All Purpose Silicon Lubricant Oil Spray for Airsoft / Firearm? which is more prefered and better?

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostAndrew Chen, on 19 September 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Hey What about using Airsoft Innovations GBB Silicone Oil and dropping it into the mag or propane adapter, or using Angel Custom All Purpose Silicon Lubricant Oil Spray for Airsoft / Firearm? which is more prefered and better?
OK, really old post, but I'm here to help....so.  Don't use spray silicone on your KWA...period. If it gets in the hop-up and on the bucking the bucking can swell and cause jams.  It's been written about on these Forums for years now.  It's additives in the spray that cause the bucking to absorb the oil.

Silicone oil in an adapter requires propane which will void you warranty.  Once off the warranty, use propane at your own risk.  And for the record I do not use Propane.  Why?  Because I have seen the issues it can cause from over lubrication and residue buildup.  That said, I know of a number of players that use propane with little or no issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users