Jump to content


KWA M4 CQB Hop Up Bucking Replacement Question


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hey guys, I know I might have asked this before but can I just buy a Firefly Bucking (soft) and install it on the STOCK inner barrel and the STOCK HOP UP UNIT??

Remember, Firefly Bucking, on Stock Inner Barrel, on Stock Hop Up Unit; replacing only the bucking of KWA M4 and doing nothing else.

OR, IS THERE ANOTHER BUCKING THAT WORKS WITH ONLY THE STOCK INNER BARREL AND STOCK HOP UP UNIT?

I plan on buying it next week. Please reply before I do so, Im stilling open for an answer. Thank You. :o

-Tigah

Edited by DaTigah, 12 July 2008 - 06:45 PM.


#22 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

The Firefly bucking will fit in the stock barrel.  

A quick Google search would have answered this for you.

Airsoftforum.com is a good resource as well...

Edited by DoctorKajita, 13 July 2008 - 12:42 PM.


#23 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

View PostDoctorKajita, on Jul 13 2008, 04:39 PM, said:

The Firefly bucking will fit in the stock barrel.  

A quick Google search would have answered this for you.

Airsoftforum.com is a good resource as well...

Thank you very much. However, I had trouble finding the right answer on google but thanks anyways.

#24 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

Alright, this is what i plan on getting next week:

-Firefly bucking (soft)
-Big Out H-Hop


*I am planning on installing these two items onto the STOCK Inner Barrel and the STOCK Hop Up Unit.

Somebody please verify this or give a suggestion about this plan so I would know that these two items work properly together with the stock barrel and hop up unit. Thank You!!! :lol:

#25 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

View PostDaTigah, on Jul 13 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

Thank you very much. However, I had trouble finding the right answer on google but thanks anyways.

There's a bunch of discussions on airsoftforum, but here's a good recent one by Allizard:

http://www.airsoftfo...howtopic=104274

#26 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:45 AM

View PostDaTigah, on Jul 13 2008, 11:05 PM, said:

Alright, this is what i plan on getting next week:

-Firefly bucking (soft)
-Big Out H-Hop


*I am planning on installing these two items onto the STOCK Inner Barrel and the STOCK Hop Up Unit.

Somebody please verify this or give a suggestion about this plan so I would know that these two items work properly together with the stock barrel and hop up unit. Thank You!!! :lol:

Will the above combo work with the STOCK Inner Barrel and STOCK Hop Up Unit? :blink:

*Oh Yea, DoctorKajita, the link to the airsoft forum does not work. I dont know why. :(

Edited by DaTigah, 14 July 2008 - 06:51 AM.


#27 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

View PostDaTigah, on Jul 14 2008, 07:45 AM, said:

*Oh Yea, DoctorKajita, the link to the airsoft forum does not work. I dont know why. :(

That forum goes offline often.  Check back later.

#28 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

Sorry, DoctorKajita, I cant open the forum link :(

Well anyways, can somebody please give me a final confirmation if the following items work with the STOCK Inner Barrel and the STOCK Hop Up Unit ONLY.

-Firefly Bucking (soft)
-Big Out H-Hop

I am ready to buy it, I just need some reliable confirmation or suggestion if it does or does not work.  :o I really really need an answer please anybody. :blink:

-Thank you,
DaTigah ;)

#29 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

It's back online now.  Anyway, I can't answer your question and not sure if anyone here can.  Why don't you do us all a favor and experiment yourself and report back?!?! :D

Edited by DoctorKajita, 14 July 2008 - 05:56 PM.


#30 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

View PostDoctorKajita, on Jul 14 2008, 05:56 PM, said:

It's back online now.  Anyway, I can't answer your question and not sure if anyone here can.  Why don't you do us all a favor and experiment yourself and report back?!?! :D

The forum works for me too :D Why dont you experiment DaTigah or look at the forum ;)

#31 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:48 AM

Okay I'll experiment. sheesh <_<

lol :lol:

Edit:

The forum works now thanks.  :lol:

Edited by DaTigah, 15 July 2008 - 04:46 AM.


#32 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:50 AM

Thank you guys very much for the help. I am going to buy the Firefly bucking as well as the Big Out H-Hop, which I will experiment with.

Thank you,
DaTigah

#33 Shmoogly3

Shmoogly3

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Interests:Outdoor inthusiest
    Airsofting
    Martial arts
    Cycling
    Hiking
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Hey man you dont need to get another hop up chamber. I would get a prometheus 283mm tight bore and just a systema hop up bucking. Heres the link to the exact barrel you should get. http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=24383
Trust me prometheus tight bore barrels are thick and strong, but are really easy to work with. All you need is alittle bit of silicone lube or some patroleum jelly. If your using patroleum jelly make sur it doesn't get inside the barrel it can only be applied to the outside of the barrel so that the bucking slides right over it and then you, put alittle over the outside of the bucking so that it slides right into the hop up unit. The systema bucking is like medium. Its actually perfect if you ask me! Its not too hard and its not to soft. If you put these too upgrades in the prometheus barrel and bucking, your m4 cqb will be shooting much better than before. Prometheus tight bores are the best tight bores and dont give into those 6.01mm bullsh*t. If a bb is 6mm 6.01 is almost hugging the bb and it probably will resulting in reduced fps and if you get one ounce of dirt in the barrel or hair or any type of oil your bb will be traveling like sh*t and that defeats the perpose of a tight bore. With the systema bucking your hop up will be very consistent, so your groupings and range will both increase greatly if you get both of these items. Im telling you just get them. If you really want to get the fire fly bucking you can, but I'm telling you, your going to get the same performance out of the systema bucking.

#34 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

View PostShmoogly3, on Jul 15 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

Hey man you dont need to get another hop up chamber. I would get a prometheus 283mm tight bore and just a systema hop up bucking. Heres the link to the exact barrel you should get. http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=24383
Trust me prometheus tight bore barrels are thick and strong, but are really easy to work with. All you need is alittle bit of silicone lube or some patroleum jelly. If your using patroleum jelly make sur it doesn't get inside the barrel it can only be applied to the outside of the barrel so that the bucking slides right over it and then you, put alittle over the outside of the bucking so that it slides right into the hop up unit. The systema bucking is like medium. Its actually perfect if you ask me! Its not too hard and its not to soft. If you put these too upgrades in the prometheus barrel and bucking, your m4 cqb will be shooting much better than before. Prometheus tight bores are the best tight bores and dont give into those 6.01mm bullsh*t. If a bb is 6mm 6.01 is almost hugging the bb and it probably will resulting in reduced fps and if you get one ounce of dirt in the barrel or hair or any type of oil your bb will be traveling like sh*t and that defeats the perpose of a tight bore. With the systema bucking your hop up will be very consistent, so your groupings and range will both increase greatly if you get both of these items. Im telling you just get them. If you really want to get the fire fly bucking you can, but I'm telling you, your going to get the same performance out of the systema bucking.

Uhh Thanks man for the :lol: suggestion but I got the KWA M4 Original Version.  I dont plan on getting a tight bore yet  and I am only getting the Firefly bucking for now tho. But again thx very much for the suggestion. I appreciate it ;)

#35 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

It's good to get parts in increments so you can note the difference each upgrade makes.

#36 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

View PostDoctorKajita, on Jul 15 2008, 10:05 PM, said:

It's good to get parts in increments so you can note the difference each upgrade makes.

      Yeah because it helps me manage my money. I am going to buy and test out the H-Hop and Firefly bucking and see if it will increase my accuracy and range substantially. It also makes me decide if I have to burn an additional $30 bucks for a barrel or not.
     O yea DoctorKajita, a new bucking and nubbing (without new tightbore) will increase accuracy and range right? maybe not as much as a tightbore, but more in terms to getting it where you would like it to be?
Because the thing is, I am not happy with my M4 accuracy right now because it starts to curve at 80-100ft, especially more to the left and only a little to the right, even with no wind! Also to note that I properly cleaned it for almost 30 minutes, TWICE, both barrel and bucking.
I went to my first skirmish once I got the gun and one time I aimed and shot one of the opposite team members (my friend) and as soon as the bb came close to a foot before hitting him, IT CURVED to the left and right (and again the field was heavily wooded and there was absolutely little or no wind) and I couldnt hit him. He was about  say 90 ft to 100 ft. I stood there upset and confused and got shot because I wasnt paying attention and dozed off.  I left the field disappointed :unsure: :(

Edited by DaTigah, 16 July 2008 - 06:09 AM.


#37 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

I see you have the gift to "Curve" the bullet.   "The Fraternity" will be coming after you.   Maybe asking you to join them.   :lol:

Anyway, there are three reasons BB's curved.  Dirty barrel, BB's quality or the bucking/nub isn't siting right in the center.  

A good bucking gives you range, not much of accuracy. A good nub can also help shooting trajectory.  You want better accuracy... get a tightbore barrel and use heavier BB's like .25g

#38 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

View Postallizard, on Jul 16 2008, 08:29 AM, said:

I see you have the gift to "Curve" the bullet.   "The Fraternity" will be coming after you.   Maybe asking you to join them.   :lol:

Anyway, there are three reasons BB's curved.  Dirty barrel, BB's quality or the bucking/nub isn't siting right in the center.  

A good bucking gives you range, not much of accuracy. A good nub can also help shooting trajectory.  You want better accuracy... get a tightbore barrel and use heavier BB's like .25g

LOL, I want to see that movie... stupid under age >.> If the nub is off center will that cause the bb to curve badly right when it exits the barrel? or will it cause it to curve once its 50-100ft down? and how bad will the curve be, woud it be similar to excessive hopup or just slightly :lol:

#39 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

Today, I was shooting my new MAG midcaps for teh first time. I load 70-80 in and they jam/misfeed when shot. After a while, it was shooting fine with a few misfeeds and bb's falling out here and there. Then suddenly the gun shoot as if the hop up was turned off. I noticed that the hop up dial was till on, so I knew something wasnt right.

When I opened up my gun and checked the hop up bucking, the bulge in side the bucking, that was responsible for applying the spin on the bb, looked fine. But then I inspected it closely and I could see that the bulge had a crack like rip on the surface. Its takes careful inspection to notice it.

The hop up bulge looks intact, but now it has a little tear. I believe this is responsible for my gun not applying any hop up.

Now I gotta buy that Firefly bucking as soon as possible.

#40 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

Actually I found out just right now that the bucking inside still works but the reason why I was getting ineffective hop was I realized that I forgot that I lubed the MAG midcaps prior to shooting. I believe that the silicon oil in the magazines stuck to the bb's before leaving the gun, thus applying silicon to the bucking bulge and thus unable to retain backspin.

I will confirm this finding tomorrow morning. Until then, I am going to bed (exhausting day of work) :P




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users