5 replies to this topic

#1 tujustu

tujustu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi all,
I've scoured the forums and the basic internet search engines, and have yet to find a problem described like the one i'm currently having, so i wanted to propose it to the forum.

I purchased my ATP about 5 months ago, and it has worked flawlessly till the beginning of January. I was using it frequently before December, then i locked it in my closet while i was off on winter vacation. When i returned i was having a trigger lock issue like many others have had, which was also locking up my slide. Eventually i discovered that while i was trying to pull the slide back, it was also pulling the trigger back. To fix this problem I pushed the trigger forward while racking the slide and that fixed that issue. I checked every internal piece and nothing was broken before or afterward.

But now to the main issue, when i try to fire the ATP, it fires one round, the BB shoots normally, but when the slide comes back to reset, you can hear all the gas being let out from the top valve on the magazine. I can't really fathom why this is occurring. I know that the magazine is not leaking, but rather i would assume that it has to do something with the hammer. As well, it does not occur when i do not have any BB's loaded and I'm just dry firing....but of course the slide does lock back for every shot in that instance.

Any ideas? Thanks!

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

The hammer mechanism, particularly the impact block is not retracting when slide reracks.  I would think that it will just need a little silicone oil.  A few drops over the hammer mechanism area and work it in.  I think this will also resolve the other problem you have.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Ditto, silicon works wonders!!!

#4 tujustu

tujustu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 25 January 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

The hammer mechanism, particularly the impact block is not retracting when slide reracks.  I would think that it will just need a little silicone oil.  A few drops over the hammer mechanism area and work it in.  I think this will also resolve the other problem you have.

I've done that and it has not solved the problem. Still works perfect when fired dry (no BBs), but starts to act up and release all gas in the mag after firing 1 round. I've taken everything apart, even down to the jet nozzle and relubed everything.

Any other ideas?
I also have my warranty card.....lol...i never sent it in.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

Unfortunately, the fact that you have taken "everything apart, even down to the jet nozzle" would void the warranty.  I would jump on the Help Desk, open a ticket, and send in the gun for evaluation and repair.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

View Posttujustu, on 26 January 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

I've done that and it has not solved the problem. Still works perfect when fired dry (no BBs), but starts to act up and release all gas in the mag after firing 1 round. I've taken everything apart, even down to the jet nozzle and relubed everything.

Any other ideas?
I also have my warranty card.....lol...i never sent it in.

Maybe the bb is jamming in the bucking since this only happens when shooting bb's and not when dry firing.  You may want to either wash the buking or replace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users