• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hawker

hawker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

I recently purchased a KWA MK I 1911 PTP, and am now on my second magazine.  After maybe 300 rounds, the first would not allow me to retract the follower with my fingernail.  My retailer swapped it out for one from another pistol.  The new one is now doing the same thing.  I have found some reference to this issue on other forums, but not here.  Are others having this issue?  I'm using only components (BBs, gas, etc) purchased from my "pro shop".

I have a ticket pending, but I'd love to hear some suggestions from other "users"

The gun shoots great otherwise, so any tips would be really helpful.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Wecome to the Forum and sorry for you troubles. Not being able to "retract the follower with my fingernail" could be several things.  I have found it most often to be a result of releasing the follower to the top of the mag without BB's present.  This deforms the follower and causes the issue.  Was the follower working when you got the new mag?  Did you allow the follower to be released without BB's in the mag.  Lastly, if you can post a picture of the follower we can give you a more definitive answer.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

Sounds like you release the follower without bb's in the channel.  That causes the top parts of the follower to mushroom and creates tiny jagged edges.  This will scrape alont the inside of the bb's channel of the magazine which is why it's now more difficult to pull the follower down.  The best fix without replacing the follower is to take the follower out and just de-burr using some fine sandpaper or dremel.  Got mine working again that way.

#4 nge769

nge769

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Same thing happened to me, among other issues, which i wont get into here.  I wont hijack this thread , just noticed it and had to comment before starting my own.

-Nick

#5 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:DIY Airsoft. DIY speaker building. Chairsoft(LOL) some other stuff

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Necroposting...

This was very helpful... I took apart my mag today and sanded the follower just so...  Adding a slight bevel to the parts that slide up in the groove too.  

One issue I had with mine is that it seems that the area in which the follower travels also has burrs that need to be addressed.  So if this trick doesn't work you may have to remove the top part of the magazine and  take a small file or a rolled up bit of fine grit sandpaper to smooth out this area.

Smooth as silk.

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

The needlessly thick rubber base plate on this magazine makes filling difficult with some cans of gas.

The follower will retract, there's just very little to grab onto (quite unlike the M9-PTP magazine followers).

I only have the magazine that came with the pistol.  A couple others are enroute.

-- Chuck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mk, ptp, magazine, follower, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users