Will There Be An Erg Version Of The Ak's?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Garrison64

Garrison64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

I love the idea of the gas rifles but they are just not practical for local play in my case. I was hoping there would be a battery powered version just like what you have with the Magpul rifle. Is that a possbility?

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

The AK ERG's were actually announced in Shot Show 2011. More details were given about the AK ERG series during this Shot Show 2012:
  • The AK ERG series were delayed from a 1st quarter release to redesign the magwell to accept other aftermarket magazines.
  • Estimated Time of Arrival is 2nd Quarter. (April-June)
  • Pricing is estimated to be less than $300.

#3 daytonaairsoft

daytonaairsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

are  the erg ak going to have the 2gx gear box or no

#4 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

All ERG's are using 3GX platform.

#5 Zereck

Zereck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

I was watching Shot Show videos about the AKs and the KWA representative said that the ERG AKs will have less blowback than the M4 ERGs. If they use the same gearbox then why are the AK blowback weaker? Was there a technical problem with it or was it purposely done like that?

#6 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

The recoil is NOT generate from the gearbox.  It's from a counter weight that's connected to the gearbox.  Depend on the design, the counter weight on M4 is located in the buffer tube and it's stronger then a counter weight on top of the gearbox (AK) due of limited weight and size.

#7 Zereck

Zereck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

A few questions if it's possible to answer:
- will there be an ERG version of the AK-74M? Or I have to go gbbr if I want the folding stock version?
- is the battery connector deans type or is it still the tamiya one?
- will magazines with bolt lock function be available at the ERG's release?
- are the ERGs and the AKGs use the very same hop-up bucking as the LM4 or there are some differences in size?

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Keeping in mind that anything can change up until launch, here is what is known thus far:
  • Three models were announced at the 2011 shot show: the AKR-74SU, AKR-74M, and AKR-74MFS
  • All battery connectors thus far are tamiya small type
  • Bolt lock function was planned the last I heard
  • I would not expect for the ERGs to use the same hop-up and bucking as the GBBR LM4.  That said, there may be other changes but that is speculation on my part.
I will say this, after talking to Allizard, and keeping in mind that I am not personally an AK fan, if there is an AK that I would buy it will be the AK ERG.  Without a doubt!

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Postgcw360, on 16 June 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

• Three models were announced at the 2011 shot show: the AKR-74SU, AKR-74M, and AKR-74MFS

Never saw or heard of an AKR-74MFS... what is this exactly?

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Good question....you would need to source the press release from the 2011 Shot Show which I do not have at the moment.  The three models I posted was a cut and past from a Shot Show announcement but no pics were available.

#11 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Since Shot Show 2011, the models release and the features have changed.

For the ERGs, there will only be the AKR-74SU and the AKR-74MFS, which are the shorter AK, and the full sized ak with a fixed stock. There will be no AK ERG with a folding stock. For the gas AK's, there will be an AKG-74SU and an AKG-74M. So, if you want a full sized AK74 with a folding stock, you will have to purchase the GBBR AK.

In terms of the bolt catch function, the AKR AK's from what I last heard were being redesigned to be compatible with aftermarket AK magazines. As a result, the bolt catch function will not be a feature in the production model.

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 21 June 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

For the ERGs, there will only be the AKR-74SU and the AKR-74MFS, which are the shorter AK, and the full sized ak with a fixed stock. There will be no AK ERG with a folding stock. For the gas AK's, there will be an AKG-74SU and an AKG-74M. So, if you want a full sized AK74 with a folding stock, you will have to purchase the GBBR AK.

In terms of the bolt catch function, the AKR AK's from what I last heard were being redesigned to be compatible with aftermarket AK magazines. As a result, the bolt catch function will not be a feature in the production model.
Thanks for clearing that up!

#13 Zereck

Zereck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 21 June 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Is there a reason why only fixed stock for the full size AK ERG? The Marui AK-74 EBB had a foldable stock as the battery compartment was in the foregrip and as far as I know the KWA one will have the battery in the same place.
Maybe KWA could make a magazine that has bolt catch function while the magwell still compatible with the other AK mags? :)
And do you know how heavy is the recoilweight? Sorry if Im asking too many questions. :P

#14 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'm going have to hold off answering questions on ERG AK until I have received an updated sample.

#15 LooneyAirsoft

LooneyAirsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Any updates yet on the ak erg?

#16 Zereck

Zereck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

http://kwacentral.co...n-black-shield/

Seems like the full length AKR-74 also comes with folding stock tough the picture resolution makes it hard to tell which is the GBB and the EBB.

#17 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostZereck, on 15 July 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

http://kwacentral.co...n-black-shield/

Seems like the full length AKR-74 also comes with folding stock tough the picture resolution makes it hard to tell which is the GBB and the EBB.
Nope! Sorry... The AKR-74 is modeled after an original AK74 with no folding stock. The 74M model has a folding stock and is the only full sized AK with a folding stock we know KWA is making right now, and it happens to be GBB. Think of it this way... the wiring on the AKR-74 is probably going to be run all the way through to the back, and into the stock. If that happens, the stock can't fold because wiring would get in the way and be exposed. On the gas version, it isn't a problem to make a folding stock because the gun runs off gas, and not electric.

So then, you're probably saying, "but the AKR-74su has a folding stock, and is electric, so what I just said means nothing." And to that I'd say true, but the battery and wiring on the AKR-74su is probably going to be located in the hand guard, and fitting into the gas tube....

What I just said is always subject to change as these guns have not been released yet...

To get some even closer pics of the guns, I'd suggest you check out: http://kwausa.com/pr...g-rifle/akr-74/ and http://kwausa.com/pr...s/gbbr/akg-74m/

The first link is to the electric AK74, with no folding stock. The second link is to the gas AK74M, with a folding stock.

#18 Zereck

Zereck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

Yeah I have seen those pics and imo they are old info wise. On the OP BS picture you can clearly see that both full length AK-74 has folding stock so unless they put out an old model or 2 gbbrs then it is hopefully an AKR-74m(unless you were there and saw them clearly, in that case my bad).
Plus I tought they were made similary to the Marui recoil AKs(they did make a 74m) where the battery is located in the foregrip so folding stock was no problem.
You are right tough its all subject to change so if I am wrong then sorry for doubting you. :)

#19 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostZereck, on 16 July 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Yeah I have seen those pics and imo they are old info wise. On the OP BS picture you can clearly see that both full length AK-74 has folding stock so unless they put out an old model or 2 gbbrs then it is hopefully an AKR-74m(unless you were there and saw them clearly, in that case my bad).
Plus I tought they were made similary to the Marui recoil AKs(they did make a 74m) where the battery is located in the foregrip so folding stock was no problem.
You are right tough its all subject to change so if I am wrong then sorry for doubting you. :)
No problem dude. I'm just basing what I said off of what greatwatermelon said. He said there will be no electric AK with a folding stock... But there can always be an unnanounced future model that does implement one!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users