#1 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

I played CQB with my ATP this weekend. I think I was the only guy in the arena on semi auto. I had 2 23 BB mags and the 50 round mag. I did use all the BB's several times but I brought a speed loader in with me and reloaded the mags during the game. I am getting at least 3 bb refills per gas refills, sometimes four if the Mag is kept in my pocket to warm it up.

After much measuring of empty and full mags I have determined that the although they all weigh in differently the 23 round mags take 8.1 grams of gas and the 50 round mag takes 21 grams of gas.

Multiplying and dividing it all out I am getting 9-11 BB per gram of green gas.

That is frickin awsom. If I top the gas off before going into the arena I can refill each mag with BBs three times. ........ about half of a hi cap M4 mag worth of BB's.

I don't think I really need a machine gun out there, but one would be nice.

The ATP is better than any paintball gun I ever owned and I cleaned up with it. I was able to make some shots that would be impossible to do with a rifle.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the report!

#3 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

yeah i used to think that c02 was always cheaper but this proves it further that green gas is the best

#4 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

This is a little trick for making sure your mags are full to the brim with green gas. Put that green gas can, the one you will use to fill up the magazine, in your pocket or inside your sweatshirt on a cold day. Warming the can that you plan to pour propane from will increase the pressure in the can and cause your mag to accept a more complete fill. This really works and the results are  especially easy to see if you are measuring the weight of the mags to be sure they are full.

Peace.

#5 KWA057

KWA057

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

How long do you put the gas in? I'm gonna get the ATP auto when it realeases.  Do you just do the 2-3 second fill or longer?
How long for 23 round and how long for fpg? Thanks

#6 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Until it weighs in at the full weight. Usually long long then again and again until it weighs full. So long as you oil the o-ring there should be nothing escaping, just propane pouring into the mag. If I dumped a mag in a game and was refilling between games I would do it for 10 sec minimum.

#7 KWA057

KWA057

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

How about for the standard 23 round mags?  Do you hold the green gas for 10 seconds also or more like 3

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostKWA057, on 01 February 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

How about for the standard 23 round mags?  Do you hold the green gas for 10 seconds also or more like 3

I usually fill 10-15 seconds.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

I count to 20....really.

#10 KWA057

KWA057

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Ive been putting too little gas into my other gbbs...  I did under 10 seconds haha guess i'll be filling it for 15~20 seconds now.  The old glock hicapa mag fits the atp right? And who knows an estimate of the release on the atp auto?

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yes to the MAG...regarding the release date, it has not been made public yet.

#12 KWA057

KWA057

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

I hope they come out in the next 2 months or so...
Since atp had several problems, will the auto be a better version of the older atp or will it perform the same?  I'm hoping to see an improved form since this is going to be a full auto and don't want things breaking in the first day haha..

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

All indications are that the ATP and ATP Auto have the "kinks" worked out.

#14 KWA057

KWA057

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thats good to hear.
Kwa has made another solid gun good job guys.

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

A full auto ATP would definitely be a fun gun to shoot.   :clap:

#16 KWA057

KWA057

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thinking of going dual haha I hope it comes out during the ending of the first quarter.
So this will fit the M17 SERPa holster the best right?

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostKWA057, on 02 February 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

Thinking of going dual haha I hope it comes out during the ending of the first quarter.
So this will fit the M17 SERPa holster the best right?
ATP fits M17 holster, yes.

#18 KWA057

KWA057

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

For the glock hi capa mags, will a mp5 mag pouch hold these mags?
If not where could I keep this mag on my vest?

#19 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

The sales guy at Airsoft Atlanta told me once that the MP5 pouch is what he uses for his 50 round ATP magazines.

I usually begin the pistol only games with the 50 in the gun and put it in my drop pouch when I start using the 23 round mags.

Edited by philsaudio, 05 February 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#20 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

Can you put to much propane in a magazine?

Perhaps!

I decided to make sure all of my mags were topped off with propane before playing last Sunday. I warmed the fill can inside of my sweatshirt for a while and poured as much gas as possible into the mags several times over.  I did not weigh them as I was sure they were full.

Two problems.

1. Chrono. Before taking the gun into the CQB I chrono'd it. 500+ FPS!!!!!!!!!.

I used one of my 23 round mags that I filled to the brim. Yes Five hundred Feet Per Second plus on that first shot. The next few were 350 ish just like the ATP chrono's at home but this first one at the Airsoft Arena was 500 FPS and then some. Almost got my gun banned but the next several shots were okay so they let me use it.

Perhaps the mag was so full of liquid propane that some of the liquid siphoned into the chamber,  but I must wonder, did I over fill this mag?

2. Later on I brought the ATP into a pistol only match and put the 50 round in. Now I lube the valves and use green gas and filled this one to the brim from a warm fill can too, but the first few times I fired the ATP gas was venting all over the place. Then it settled down. I have already fired 250 rounds from that gas fill and the mag still has some gas in it. That is refilling the mag with BBs five times from a single propane fill.

Just a little more info for you.

Peace

PS: Boys and girls, Hanibal says, " don't fire your GBB pistols with a lit cigar in your mouth. If that GBB vents the resulting fireball will give your position away to the op force."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, Green Gas, Efficency, refill, Magazine capacity, magazine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users